five

After driving for an hour we stopped at a gate with a guard standing next to it.

"we are here to visit a friend, Noel Miller" Cody said while the guard was looking at his clipboard. He nodded his head and opened the gate.

We drove a little closer tho the entrance and parked the car next to a big tree. After we both got out of the car, Cody locked it and grabbed my hand. That was the first time that I had ever been in a prison so I was really nervous, I didn't know what to expect. I looked at Cody and saw that he felt the same.

We arrived at a counter and Cody told the woman behind it who we were. She asked for our ID's before she stood up and walked us towards a big hallway. There were multiple rooms with prisoners and their visitors inside. She stopped walking at the end and pointed to the right, the room where Noel was.

I looked inside and saw Noel sitting behind a table with a guard standing next to him, I quickly let go of Cody's hand and followed him inside. As soon as Noel saw us he immediately stood up and gave Cody a big hug.

"no touching!" The guard put his arms between Cody and Noel and they both did a step back.

I looked over Cody's shoulder and made eye contact with Noel, he smiled at me with watery eyes as he sat down on the chair. Cody and I sat down on the opposite side of the table.

"I am so glad that you guys came" Noel said while a tear ran down his cheek. "how have you been?"

Cody and I looked at each other.

"everything's all good" Cody said. "but let's talk about you, what happened?"

Noel told us what happened after the police stormed into Cody's house and they took him. Apparently they received an anonymous call from someone who told them that he was staying there. He told them everything that happened and said that he was sorry. After they talked to him he got a lawyer, she told him that he had to spend the next 6 months in prison and he could get some time off with good behavior.

I hadn't said anything because I was still a little shaky, I just wanted to jump into Noel's arms and hug him but I couldn't.

After he finished catching up with Cody he asked if he could speak to me in private. Cody nodded, said goodbye and told Noel to call him the day after.

"I'll wait in the car" Cody said before he left the room.

I looked up and saw Noel, he looked me in my eyes.

"I've never seen you this quiet" he chuckled. It was a little awkward even though I didn't want it to be.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"for what? this isn't your fault"

Noel quickly looked at the guard who wasn't paying attention and he put his hands on the table for me to grab, which I did.

"I really want to be with you Piper" Noel whispered and immediately got my attention. "I've never felt like this with someone and I don't know what this means but what I do know is that I want to spent every minute of my day with you. and it's killing me that I can't"

He squeezed my hands softly before letting go. A few tears escaped my eyes while I listened to my heart. Before I could say anything someone knocked on the door.

"time's up!"