treasure, that is what you are

Kyungsoo has never been that much of a cat person. He has raised two dogs and never had he ever had any intention of adopting a cat, he just wasn't familiar to the whole concept.

"Kyungsoo, good morning!"

He still refuses to acknowledge the fact that a whole cat hybrid lives in his house now, but for all his annoyance it's nonetheless very true. He can't say he owns Chanyeol like he owns his pet dogs, because he never went out and adopted him, the cat just started living with him on his own consent. A fluffy tail brushing against his naked thighs jerks him out of his thoughts and soon enough he finds Chanyeol hovering over him on the bed, a grin plastered across his handsome face.

"It's Valentine's Day, I made you breakfast."

Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows.

"You made me breakfast? Is it at least edible?"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes in response and his fluffy ears twitch admirably, Kyungsoo moves his hand from underneath the hybrid to touch them and Chanyeol immediately leans against his fingers.

"It was an easy recipe, I looked it up online anyway."

Kyungsoo offers him a smile in return and Chanyeol grins again, with a few pats on the butt from Kyungsoo he's off the bed.

"Get up now, or it'll get cold."

Kyungsoo sighs. He's never been much of a morning person, unlike the cat who wakes up at the crack of dawn every single day to do God knows what. Chanyeol tugs on the sleeve of his dark blue pyjama top and Kyungsoo has no other option than to leave his soft, warm bed, well, at least breakfast is ready. Chanyeol is wearing low waisted ripped blue jeans with a hole on the back for his tail to move free and nothing else, Kyungsoo clears his throat upon the sight of bright sunshine reflecting off of Chanyeol's toned torso.

No, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are not boyfriends and nor are they sexual partners -Kyungsoo actually has no idea just what they are. He's come to the realization that he doesn't know much about Chanyeol's personal life except that he has a reputation about being a huge flirt, many of the neighbourhood's rumours are about him and his countless affairs that, if he is to trust Chanyeol's word, do not go anywhere. According to Kyungsoo's personal observations Chanyeol enjoys spending his time with him, he also enjoys getting kisses and cuddles and free food and a place to sleep all from Kyungsoo as well, but that's all to it there is. They don't really hang out outside Kyungsoo's house and behind close doors they're really nothing more than roommates that occasionally share a kiss or two, so Kyungsoo thinks that he has the right to question why Park Chanyeol is specifically preparing him breakfast on a Valentine's day.

"Earth to Kyungsoo, you're zoning out!"

Chanyeol interrupts his train of thought and Kyungsoo blinks his eyes to focus. He takes a look at the clock on his kitchen wall, he has his whole day packed with classes and the first one starts at 9.30. His attention is directed towards Chanyeol when the taller male puts a plate in front of him, the cat has made fried eggs with bacon, which is a simple dish but it requires using the stove nonetheless and Kyungsoo is just glad that the cat did not burn his entire kitchen down. He notices some burn marks on Chanyeol's fingertips and absent-mindedly grabs his big hands to take a closer look, Chanyeol's lips twitch into a smile and he wags his tail happily as he holds his face with the palm of his free hand and watches Kyungsoo do his thing.

"Did you hurt yourself while making me breakfast?"

The cat nods, unbothered.

"Yeah but it's not a big deal. You can always kiss it better, though."