Chapter 2

I looked up and saw Ronan taking an empty seat next to me. I felt my stomach getting butterflies as he smiled at me once more. His scent was overwhelmingly powerful but at the same time, it was overwhelmingly pleasant.

"I take it your name is... Cassandra?" His voice sounded deep and authoratative, yet comforting and relaxing. I nodded, unable to speak. CASSIE, TALK to him, I thought. I cleared my throat.

"Actually, I go by Cassie."

"That's beautiful, just like you are," he said softly, leaning towards me and gently cupping my cheek with his hand. As soon as he did, I felt tingles and sparks in my whole face, like I had ate something extremely sour.

My wolf purred with happiness, but I blushed like a babboon's ass when I heard that. Shit, shit, what do I say? Oh jeez, I'm rusty...

"I am Ronan Farris, alpha of the Midnight Eclipse pack. I heard-"

"IT'S CUTE, LIKE YOUR FACE," I blurted without thinking. I immediately covered my face in embarrassment. He looked surprised for a second, then he started laughing. My heart fluttered. His laugh made me melt, it sounded so full and happy, yet it was authoritative. 

"Here you go, a cup of fine water for the fine lady!" I looked up, and the bartender had come back with my water.

"Thanks," I said, offering him a small smile. He smiled back at me, and when I reached for the water, his hand brushed against mine, and lingered there.

My wolf growled,  but I didn't know why she was acting up.  I heard a quiet growl next to me and saw Ronan glaring at the bartender.  I quickly took my hand away and thanked him for the drink. Ronan's eyes were dark green but lightened up when I put my hand on his shoulder. Sparks ignited in my arm again, but I ignored it.

"Are you okay?" I asked. His eyes softened when he looked at me and he wasn't growling anymore. He took my hand from his shoulder and my other hand from my drink and placed them both on his chest. I could feel his heart hammering.

"No, I am not okay. This is how you make me feel Cassandra," he said huskily. My name rolled perfectly off his tongue, and I shivered in delight.

Then he put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. I could feel myself getting hot and tingly- this was embarrassing! I should've pulled away,  but I stayed in his arms. I didn't know what was worse, hugging him, someone that I barely knew,  or enjoying the fact that he made me feel secure. I sighed deeply into his chest, embracing his warmth. He suddenly pulled away and instantly I missed his touch. He gently tipped my chin so that I was looking in his eyes. They were bright golden,  and I didn't think much of it. But when he pulled away again, suddenly I knew, and I gasped.

"Mate. "