Chapter Two

You are cordially invited to the wedding of

Daphne Rose Greengrass

and

Harry James Potter

Sunday, the 3rd of April, 2010
11 o’clock in the morning
Potter Manor, Devonshire
Reception to follow

The big day was finally here, and there was a flurry of early morning activity in the large master suite of the newly-christened Potter Manor.

Hermione and Luna lounged in wingback chairs in front of the suite’s fireplace, already dressed in the pale blue chiffon that all Daphne’s bridesmaids were wearing. On the floor at their feet were a very squirmy Apollo, Hazel, and Leo, their chubby fingers reaching up to grab at the paper dragons Luna was charming for them. Juno sat cross-legged on the floor at a nearby coffee table, playing a child’s version of wizard’s chess with her Aunt Ginny.

Daphne sat in a robe at her vanity, allowing Pansy to charm her hair into a low bun. Valentina stood nearby, holding the sprig of eucalyptus and white roses that would provide the finishing touch.

An excited shriek came from Hazel as she caught a dragon in her hand, tiny teeth flashing in a wide grin.

“Clever girl!” Pansy cooed, turning to clap for her daughter. “You teach those boys that anything they can do, girls can do better.”

“Durl!” Leo echoed happily, pulling himself up to stand next to his mother, who smoothed his blonde hair before kissing his cheek. He wore a tiny gray morning suit, as did Apollo, who sat solemnly on the floor and blinked at his friend.

“Well, I think that’s it Daph,” Val said, stepping back in a swish of fabric and sighing happily. “You are just the most beautiful bride,” she added in a choked voice, fanning at her eyes to stop her tears from falling.

Daphne laughed, standing and patting Val on the shoulder. “I’m not even in my dress yet! Save those tears, Valentina.”

As if she had been waiting for her cue, Astoria Greengrass pushed through the wide double doors of the master suite, a charmed garment bag floating through the air behind her. Her short blonde hair was styled in a chic, chin-length bob and a diamond tennis bracelet sparkled on her wrist; a gift from her wealthy Quidditch player boyfriend.

“Daphne, darling!” she cried, rushing to pull her older sister into a hug. “Hi girls!” she added, waving at the others and blowing air kisses as she stepped back from Daphne.

A knock came at the door, interrupting their greetings.

“Is everyone dressed? I’ve brought the flowers,” came Neville Longbottom’s voice through the doors. A moment later Neville strode through, looking quite handsome in his own gray morning suit. He pushed a wheeled tray into the room, covered in bouquets made of lilies, roses, and boughs of eucalyptus, their stems tied with pale blue ribbon.

“Already pinned the boutonnieres on the lads,” Neville said, allowing Pansy to grab his tie and pull him down for a kiss before leaning over to swoop Hazel up into his arms. “Harry looks very handsome,” he added, winking at Daphne while his daughter patted both his cheeks.