Pancakes!

"PANCAKES!" Zelk screamed, as he awoke to the smell of pancakes. He nearly sprinted downstairs to the kitchen, where he discovered Mega at the stove flipping pancakes and listening to music with earbuds in.

"BOO!" yelled Zelk, in an attempt to scare Mega. In return, Mega just gave him an annoyed side glance and shoved a pancake in his face.

"Heeeey, you could have at least told me to fuck off or something."

Mega ignored Zelk's words and finished making pancakes. He handed a plate to Zelk, finally acknowledging him.

"Thanks, Mr. Mute."

"You're welcome, furry."

Zelk sighed and sat down at the table. Mega rarely talked, and when he did, it was usually to make fun of Zelk.

"Are you gonna take your earbuds out?"

Mega glared at him then reached up and took his earbuds out.

"We don't have to sit in silence. We could listen to your music, y'know."

Mega glanced up at him and narrowed his eyes. What could Zelk be planning?

"Go on then."

Mega turned on his speaker and started playing the music he was listening to. Zelk, finally satisfied, started digging into his pile of pancakes. Mega hummed along to the songs quietly while eating his smaller stack of pancakes. Before long, both of the boys were done with their food, but neither of them wanted to leave. Zelk was only staying at Mega's house for a few days before moving into his own house not too far away, and they wanted to spend as much time together as possible. Mega, being the hospitable person he is, took Zelk's plate to the sink.

As Mega was going back to his seat, Zelk stood up, stopping him.

"Dance with me."

"O- Okay?"

Zelk grabbed Mega's left hand and started dancing to the music. For a little bit, their steps were awkward and forced, but as they went on, their moves became more natural. They were just two friends having a good time, right? Mega would laugh quietly whenever Zelk tripped, and Zelk would grumble but blush lightly. Yup. Definitely just two friends. 

At least that's what Zelk was telling himself, yet still his stomach filled with butterflies as soon as Mega glanced up at him.

"Zelk."

"Ye- yes?"

"Zelk I- Jacob. I think-" Mega paused when Zelk stared back at him, face red. "-I think I love you."

"Mega-" Zelk, realizing that there weren't words to be used, grabbed the shorter's chin and closed the gap between their lips. "I love you too."

-Dorito

Word Count ///411///