3

Looney is back with a whole new chapter. I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far, even if it's only been two chapters. Enjoy.

—————

"I got to say, Mom: you still got it," Ash said while rubbing his stomach. The mother and son walked into the living room. Pikachu and Lucario followed while Mimey was still cleaning up the kitchen. "That double deep-dish pizza pot pie always hit the spot."

"I'm just glad you had a wonderful time, Ash," Delia smiled while taking a seat across from her son. She reached behind the lap and slid something across her coffee table. Ash turned on the television when he noticed a small gift in blue wrapping paper and a red bow on top.

"What's this, Mom?"

But Delia just gave her casual smile at Ash. "Open it up and see for yourself."

Compared to everything else Ash received, his mother's gift wasn't the biggest. It was probably small enough to fit inside his pocket. He ripped off the wrapping paper and removed the bow to uncover a shiny blue phone with a silver case underneath it. "The new PokePhone XR?"

"Happy birthday, dear."

Ash had to rubbed his eyes a few times to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "But how did you afford this? It cost a fortune just for one PokePhone."

"Don't worry. I always save money for certain occasions like this. Nothing is more important to me than making my son happy." Ash's new phone was probably the best gift he gotten aside from the shoes Serena gave him. His blue eyes were sparkling in delight as he pulled his mother into a warm hug and thanked her for the gift. Of the previous fifteen birthdays he had, Ash would remember his sixteenth most of them all.

The mother and son turned to their television screen after hearing a round of applause coming from the speakers. "The moment you've been waiting for is about to take place right now. I'm Caster and I will be your announcer," Caster publicized while sitting in his booth. "It's the final round of the Kanto Championship League."

The camera switched to a pair of silver doors that were sliding open. Making her way onto the battlefield was a light skinned woman with long silvery-blue hair. She was wearing a yellow spaghetti strap cropped tank top that was short enough to expose her navel and white knee-length pants with yellow beads. She was also walking in yellow high heels. Walking alongside her was an Umbreon. "Coming to the arena is Karen," Caster announced starting the introduction. "Karen specializes in Dark-type Pokémon and is a member of the Elite Four. Despite her strong tactics on the battlefield, Karen has never attempt in battling for the title as Champion up to this point. I wonder what changed her mind."

Ash was wondering the same question. From what the rumors are saying, Karen wasn't somebody trainers should take likely. Pikachu and Lucario joined their trainer and sat on either side of him on the couch. Mimey, having finishing cleaning the kitchen, came inside the living room and sat right next to Delia. They watched as Karen was waving at the huge crowd surrounding her before petting her Umbreon.

The camera switched to another set of doors sliding open just across from her. Coming to the arena was somebody Ash encountered many times in the past. "Battling her is none other than Lance," Caster said as Lance walked onto the battlefield wearing a medieval-looking navy blue tunic with red-orange trim and black boots with two orange rings around the top of each boot. The spiky-haired Pokémon Master was also sporting yet another cape. The cape he was wearing was black on the outside and crimson red on the inside. Redder than his scarlet-red spiky hair. "As we all know, Lance is a world-renowned Pokémon Master who specializes in Dragon-types. Outside of battling, he is also a member of the G-Men detective organization. After reclaiming his Champion title three years ago, best believe he will not give it up without a fight."