Chapter One

Ivan's POV

I walked up the stairs to my dorm excited. I'm gonna meet my roommate for the first time! I hope he's nice. He seemed a little closed off when I texted him earlier. Maybe he was having a bad morning.

I get to the door and realize it's still locked. So he isn't here yet that's kinda disappointing. But I'll meet him later so it doesn't matter. I unlock the door with my key and walk in. I look around. It's pretty small but it doesn't matter.

Technically I don't need a dorm or a roommate. I could afford an apartment or I could stay with my parents seeing as their house is not too far from here. But I thought it would be better to have a roommate. I wanna make friends here and what's an easier way than meeting one right from the start?

But enough about me, back to what the dorm is like. I look around and see three doors. Two of which I'm assuming are bedrooms and the other one a bathroom. I walk to the door on the left. I look inside and see a medium-sized room with a twin bed. I decide to make this my room not that it matters they're both identical.

I start unpacking my stuff.

*time skip*

I had just gotten done decorating my room when I hear the door open. I peek out and see my roommate. And I'm not going to lie but he was pretty cute.

His fluffy brown hair kept falling over his eyes as he struggled to pull his suitcase over the unnecessarily large bump by the door. His hair was long and it seemed to just fall wherever it wanted. I wondered if I should go over and help but based on the annoyed look on his face he did not feel like being talked to. Eventually, he had success and looked around and saw me staring at him like a creep. He blushed probably realizing that I had been watching him struggle for like 3 minutes. He waved embarrassed and I said hi back. He then quickly scurried to his room.

He wasn't a people person but I'm sure we'll get along just fine. He was probably tired anyway. I'm pretty sure he mentioned that he's from another state so he might have had to travel a couple of hours.

I don't have time to think about it anyway, I promised Bo I would call him when I was done unpacking.

~20 minutes later~

After the call with Bo. I sat in my room wondering if I should go introduce myself. It's unusual, I don't usually have that much trouble trying to make new friends.

But eventually, I decided there was no time like the present. I hop out of bed and check my hair in the mirror as I leave. I head over to his door and knock. Though shortly after a bunch of thoughts started racing through my head.

What if he was sleeping?

What if he thinks I'm a creep for staring at him earlier?

What if he thinks I'm an asshole for not helping earlier?

What if he just got into that comfortable position where you're laying down just right where you're still laying comfortably but able to look at your phone at the same time?

What if-

My thoughts are silent when the door opens revealing a tired-looking roommate as he looks at me with his hair slightly dangling over his eyes. He blows it away and looks at me waiting.

"Oh u-um. I'm Ivan! Your roommate," I mentally facepalm. You don't have to say 'your roommate' he knows! "I wanted to introduce myself so you don't just know me as the weirdo who was staring at you earlier."

Fuck! Now he knows I was staring at him.

I chuckle awkwardly.

"I'm Kai." He says. I look at him for a moment before realizing that was his entire introduction. To try and cut through the awkwardness in the air, that was so thick it could suffocate you, I decided to ask questions to get to know him.

"What's your favorite movie?"

"Don't watch movies."

"Favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Favorite food?"

"Blueberries."

"Favorite word to say?"

"Blue."

"Why?"

"It's short."

"If you could have any amount of friends in the world how many would you have?"

"One."

"How many do you have now?"

"One."

"Do you have room for one more?"

"If I say yes will you leave?"

"Yup."

"Then yes."

Then he closed the door.

I think that went pretty well.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
768 words
The first chapter is done. In case you were wondering I started this 2 years ago and I've rewritten it 3 times.
~Rnae