Chapter 5: Chances Matter

"I told you guys, he's really hot." Carmella shrieks. She's still ranting about the guy whom she dated in the weekend.

"Really? Will you go out on a date again?" I ask in courtesy.

"Of course, he asked me out again. We'll eat dinner tonight." She giggles.

She talks about the same things all over again and cry in the end because the guy dumps her after they had sex. I don't know if she's bad in bed or it's just what the guys want from her. So she's ranting about the same thing again but I'm not to rain on her parade.

"I wish you have fun later, darling." I pat her on her shoulder.

"I know we would." She bites a portion of her lunch and points at me again. "How bout you babe, I heard you're going out with someone."

I choke on my drink. "Am I now? With who? And who said that?" I give out a nervous laugh.

The girls laughed in unison. "She's just kidding girl. You don't have to be so defensive. Unless, you're hiding something from us." Tisha jokes with underlying meaning.

"Haha, very funny girls." I finish my lunch and takes my phone out.

I am busily tapping and swiping as I check my facebook when I suddenly feel a presence beside me. I look up and see Milleus Truman. It's him again. The same guy who bothers me all my life since sophomore year.

He is a blonde guy with deep blue eyes, the color of the heaven. He's body is toned from playing sports. But I think he plays basketball. Nice height, like 6'2". Not too tall for me. He really is handsome and hot and marked as a real player

"Hey, Jessie. Doing anything tonight?" He asks for times only God knows how many.

"Milleus, I don't think I have time." I hit like on a picture I find cute.

"Then any other time. I'm always available- for you." He places his arm in front of me and nears his face to mine. I jerk my head and move a little farther.

"I'm not done yet." He creases his forehead like he didn't understand the remark. "To finish my sentence, Milleus, I don't think I have time- for you." I smile a forced one to him and he recoils as if hurt.

Lara snorts with what I've said. Carmella chuckles. And Tisha? She's hanging her mouth in disbelief. Not so long she's able to compose herself and speaks up.

"Jess," I shoot my look to her, like a warning. "A while ago, you said you're not going out with anyone. So, why you decline?" She looks at me with a smirk then sips on her drink.

Milleus seems like he was reenergized and brought with new hope. He smiles back to me with a hopeful answer.

"True. I'm not going out with anyone but I'd rather stay home alone than be with player Milleus." I prepare my bag cause the bell is about to ring.

"Jess, just give me a chance. I'm just being a player because you won't go out with me. But I promise if you give me a shot, I'll be nice and faithful." He pleads with his palms facing each other.

"I don't know, you better prove yourself." I pick up my things when the bell finally rings.

My friends gave me a peck on the cheek and are now walking their way out since their class will be on the other side of the building.

Once I'm out the cafeteria door, Arnex shows up by my side and chuckles.

"What's that with Milleus?" He straps his bag on his shoulder.

"Being a jerk again." I snort.

Milleus always tries to ask me out, even though he never had a positive answer from me. I don't know why he's so persistent but he seems serious to me.