the other day

It was the 14th of November 2019, a pretty bright and sunny day, which was a relief since the entire state of San Francisco was reported to have heavy rains and storms. But nonetheless, the day was pretty dark for Theodore flinch. His day started off as usual as any other day. He got up at 10 in the morning drove to Monet's for a cup of coffee, sat there till 1 thinking, then got up and fled the place like a bolt of energy has come into him. He drove through the bay bridge and saw a lady walk by.

He asked the direction to golden gate bridge and he was ready to answer on why he wanted to go, he already had made the sentence in his mind "I want to jump into the water and drown" coz, in the end, all he wanted was to open up and talk to someone. The lady instead gave him a pale face and walked by.

He thought that was a sign that the universe didn't want him to live anymore. As he parked his car in the parking lot of the bridge, he took out his phone send his mom a message saying "I love you and I'm going to miss you".

He then walked by the railing and as he reached somewhat near the middle of the bridge he jumped onto the other side holding onto the railing and setting his foot on that 2 inches of reinforced concrete, as he looked down into the water he saw no more of sleepless nights crying in his bed, no more of feeling like a burden to everyone, he saw absolute peace. Then he closed his eyes, and gave himself a small nudge he felt like he was going to fall, and then all of a sudden, he hears a voice... and that voice asked him "hey man!! Are you alright?"

It took him by a shock he held back on to the railing and said "don't come close to me... I will jump". He said "alright listen I won't come close to you but before you do something can we talk?" shockingly he agreed. So, the man asked him "who are you and why do u want to jump?". He told the man his name and then told him that "he doesn't have any other option but do it. He then went on telling the man about his childhood and how his father used to torture his mom and him after coming home drunk and high and how all of that trauma made him an addict at the age of 17. he told him that he used to jump cars and sell drugs for a living and once he was caught in a crossfire with a bullet in his ear that left him impaired for life. He stayed away from drugs and theft after that incident and he used to work as a mechanic later on focused on the love of his life Margaret. She was the daughter of the hotshot businessman Alexa de costa. He was madly in love with her and he said he didn't love her for her dad's money but for whom she is. He was behind her for 4 years without giving up but due to his poor social status, she didn't like him back. And then recently he heard the news that she had gotten married to a boy of her dad's choice. That broke him and he did not even have a friend to talk to. Along with that, he was deep down in debt and his monthly salary barely paid for his daily requirements.

He did not even have enough money to look after his mother so, he sends her to an old people's house which at that time was taking in people for free. He knew that the only way he could escape all of his sufferings would be through death. But deep down all he wanted to be was for someone to be there for him, someone he could to about all of his problems and would always give out a helping hand.

The man and he had been talking for around 20 minutes, and by that time he had come closer to him and whatever he said to flinch had started to pierce through his soul and they continued on talking for another 92 mins standing by the railing and then he decided that he did not want to jump.

The man offered him a hand and he held onto it and he was pulled back up. He then looked up at the man and asked him "sir, what is your name?"

And the man replied its "Kenny Rogers". flinch then went on asking Kenny why he tried to save him his reply brought light into his life. He said "I was just returning back from the hospital where the doctors gave me my expiry date; 3 months. That's all the time I have left on this Earth. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and it has grown for some time now that an operation would end up fatal. While driving back from the hospital all he wanted to be more time to live and he saw this young man on the ledge about to end his life and thought about the irony and so he jumped out of the car in the middle of the road and ran towards him.

After he came off the ledge Kenny asked "what is it that I did that made you change your mind" and all he replied was "YOU LISTENED". He knew all flinch ever wanted was to be listened to and have a friend to talk to.

A few days later Kenny got a letter from flinch's mom and it said "I adopted finch when was just 6 months old but the reason why he is still alive right now is because of you. Thank you for saving my son."

Soon enough flinch started a new garage with some help from Kenny. And life was getting better for him and that's when he heard the bad news "Kenny passed away in his sleep due to blood clot in the brain."

That left him dazzled because the only friend he ever had was no more but then he remembered Kenny's words which told him "do not be sad that I am gone but turn that sadness into motivation and do something worthwhile with your life coz, in the end, all that we leave behind are the good things we do."

From that day he worked on himself, made a good living, created a business empire but at the same time he knew there were other people like him so he had made trusts for people who don't have any friends where they could come and talk to and helped bring up his community.

Suicide isn't the option for anything. If you ever feel like killing yourself take your hand and keep It on your chest and know that as long as your heart keeps on beating, know that you have a purpose in life.