reminisce

dylan's pov

"Well I Just woke up so i'll just meet you guys there in about an hour," he says that's fine and hangs up leaving me to get ready. Do you ever just make plans and then when the day finally comes around you would do anything to get out of them. I'm having one of those days. Josh and Tyler really are my best friends and I Know I Haven't seen them in two weeks but Istill feel like I'm with them every second I'm awake. Tossing my phone to the side I kick the thick duvet off me stretching my legs out before standing up. Making my way to the bathroom I do my business then sit there a second deciding what my next step should be. It's so gross outside today so I'm definitely not going to wash my hair. I don't even really know what the plans are so I'm sure i'll just end up wearing jeans with some basic top. Flushing the toilet I turn my sink on allowing the water to heat up while I go look for an outfit. As soon as I open the doors to my closet I reach for my favorite pair of jeans then venture further in for a shirt. It's most likely cold outside due to the rain so I grab a jacket and then head back into the bathroom to wash my face. Reaching under the sink I pull out a washcloth placing it under the running water. Wetting my face I pump a small amount of face wash on the tips of my fingers and massage it into my skin a few moments. Rinsing it off I then grab my toothbrush and scrub my teeth to rid myself of morning breath. Sliding out of my pajama shorts I replace them with my favorite pair of light wash ripped jeans. Opening the top drawer of my dresser I grab a black bodysuit and a pair of ankle socks. Slipping both the items on I have to decide how to go about fixing my hair. I really don't have the mental capacity to even imagine brushing my hair out right now. Flipping my head over I gather all my hair in my right hand and stand back up straight before twisting it into a messy bun. taking the hairband off my wrist I secure it to my head then pull out a few pieces in the front to frame my face. Grabbing my duvet off the floor I adjust my sheets then throw it on top. After I finish making my bed I head back into the bathroom making sure everything is where it's supposed to be before I turn off the light and close the door. Grabbing my phone and wallet I close my closet doors and turn my fan off before leaving my room altogether. Reaching the bottom of the stairs I sit down on the last step and grab my black doc martens untying them. Sliding them both on I re-tie them before standing and grabbing my lanyard that holds my car keys off the hook by the front door. Unlocking my phone I click on Josh es contact calling him. While I wait for him to answer I exit my apartment locking the door behind me.
"Where are we meeting '' I say before he can even say hello. "Ihop" he states as I make my way down seven flights of stairs just to have to walk another mile to get to my car. "Oh okay i'll be there in like twenty minutes. " I unlock my car and hear Josh start to say he loves me but I end the call before he can finish. Sliding into the drivers side I close the door behind me pressing my foot on the brake and pushing in the start button. Tapping the monitor attached to the dash I press "nav" and type in the address to the nearest ihop. My phone automatically connects playing music as I hit "start route" and back out of the tight parking space. 

+-+-+-+

"Ill take an iced coffee please" I give the waitress a smile then she asks the two boys what they want to drink. Clicking the do not disturb button on my phone I then turn my phone off and lay it screen side down so they know they have my attention. I see Josh intently staring at something behind me so I turn around to see what it is. It's a young girl and an older guy both texting and walking. I turn bright red knowing what Josh is going to bring up when they inevitably run into each other. Josh and Tyler both start clapping and laughing like you would while watching sports and cheering for your favorite team. Josh turns back to me smiling and I know exactly what's coming next.
"That's just like the time-" he tries to start but I cut him off before he can finish. "Stop"

Flashback five months ago

Turning my phone on and opening netflix I sigh and begin my walk to the building Tyler told me to wait in. blocking out any possible distractions around me I allow myself to get completely enveloped in the show playing on my phone. Stepping up over the curb I ran into something hard knocking me back a few steps. The person grabs my forearm which is the only thing that prevents me from completely busting my ass. Despite the person obviously not wanting me to fall before I even look up from my phone I spit out "watch where you're going" I know it's my fault I was staring at my phone not paying attention but it's too late to take it back now. I feel my face heat up as I finally turn my phone off looking up to see who I ran into. My eyes lock with his deep brown ones then my gaze shifts down to his smile then away from him all together.
"It's not your fault I wasn't paying attention either. " he apologizes letting go of my arm.  I smile pushing past him and entering the building "it was nice to meet you" he calls after me laughter evident in his voice. Making a sharp right I push the bathroom door open to cool down before I have to interact with anyone else. Looking at myself in the mirror my face is flushed completely red and my outfit makes me look homeless. Looking down at my shirt I spot a giant orange stain on the bottom left hand side where I did in fact eat a whole family sized bag of cheetos on my own then proceeded to use my shirt as a napkin.
"Ew youre fucking disgusting" I scold myself as I try to tuck the stain into my jeans.