Memories Relived, Secrets Uncovered

Thank you so much for reading my story! It made me so happy to check my email this morning and see that people are commenting and following.

I have received requests to start more stories, and I will get to those as soon as possible. This month, I have a lot of other obligations for school and for my family, so I will most likely only be able to write one chapter of any story in a day. I plan on taking a break during March and April because that is when finals and job applications start to build up, but I will do my best to write as much as possible.

Again, Descendants belongs to Disney and this story and the OCs belong to @Kellygirl46.

Here is chapter two!

Chapter two

The summer after Jay graduated from high school

"Why are you not wanting to do this? Mom and Dad said to go." Sian pestered Lonnie.

She continued to work at the library, just like she did every day. She had her work ahead of her if she were going to go with Jay to Triton's Bay next year for college. Even though her relationship with Jay was now out in the open, not everything was smooth sailing for them. Sian still wasn't completely on board.

"I have a job, you dork! I can't just take off like you," Lonnie retorted to her brother, who just wasn't listening.

"If you're waiting to see if Jay's going -" Sian was cut off by the boys walking over. They were there to try and convince Lonnie to join in on their plans for the summer.

Jay was the last to stroll in. He walked up behind Lonnie, tilted her chair back just enough to get a squeal out of her, and kissed her upside down. "We're going," he whispered in her ear. "I have some really fun things I'd like to teach you."

Lonnie blushed and looked up at Jay, knowing exactly what kind of things he was talking about. She was inexperienced but was having fun and learning a lot from Jay, and she was finding that there were some things he was learning as well. It was a fun and exciting learning process that was bringing them closer together.

Present

"Why are you crying again?" asked the little one as she crawled back into her bed. Lonnie pulled the red and yellow covers around the child and tucked her in.

"I'm just sad and tired. It'll be better soon. I promise." Lonnie kissed the little girl's forehead and tried to hold her tears back. She was going to have a lot of explaining to do when Jay gets here.

He ran out of the building's elevator and over to his reserved parking space. Jay strapped down his things, put on his helmet, and started the bike. He'd drive as far as he had to for her. He pulled out of the garage and raced away. The wind raced through his long hair as what she said repeated in his head.

'She never moved out,' Jay thought. She still lived in the same small, two-bedroom apartment. The tiny apartment she fell in love with when they first arrived in which they had made three years of memories. God, he missed that place. And Lonnie. He missed her, and he broke her heart when he left and for five miserable years, he kicked himself for making the biggest mistake of his life. Damn, he was so stupid. He had a lot of explaining to do.

Jay drove as fast as he could while remembering the week before he left. All they seemed to was fight, and Lonnie had been so sick that week. Jay remembered that she threw up the minute she got out of bed. Her stomach was constantly bothering her. No matter what they tried, nothing seemed to settle her stomach. It had been the worst week of his life.