Till death do us part

I lay on the floor of the train the cold metal gently stinging the skin exposed on my lower back. I can still feel the soft touch of trickys fingers brushing up and down my arm as if she was still here. Its been 6 months and I tell myself I'm over it but yet I still find myself laying here just like we used to. God I miss her. I need to get over her she's gone for ever and there is nothing I can do about it. One more time I will let my mind wander back to the memories her and I shared then I move on.

*6 months ago*

"Lucy baby what's wrong" Tricky says in a low whisper while she runs her fingers through my hair. I stare into her beautiful eyes contemplating my words. "It's just don't you wish there where more to life than this?" I say. "What do you mean Lucy?" I let out a soft laugh I'm embarrassed that I mentioned it but I know that I can trust her. She gently runs her fingers up and down my arms waiting for my answer. "Do you ever think about what you want to do with you life?" I pause thinking of how to say what I want without my words being a jumbled mess. "I want to have a real life besides running everyday." " I want to settle down and have a family I'm tired of running across the country and sleeping on the floors of trains."

Tricky stares at me her eyes filled with something that I cant identify. She grabs my hand " I know exactly what you mean Lucy." She rubs her thumb gently over my knuckles "Lucy I want to spend the rest of my future with you." She sits up unto one knee and looks at me "Lucy will you marry me." "YES A MILLION TIMES YES!" I shout.

*BANG BANG BANG*  Tricky and I are jolted awake by the sound of a fist colliding onto metal. "Hurry the cops are here" Tasha shouts over the sound of the loud moving train. We hurry to the door and jump onto the tracks. I see Jake ahead attempting to distract the cop but his eyes are on me. I guess I may have went a little to far spray-painting ACAB on his car when we last saw him. The cop runs full speed at me and Tricky. We both laugh and start running because we know he can never catch us. I'm running full speed dodging trains and jumping hurdles I look over and see Tricky's long blond ponytails swaying in the wind. She's so beautiful every second of the day and I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with her I love her so damn much.  I was so distracted by her that I didn't see the hurdle in the road and by the time I saw it I was going to fast to stop. I slammed into it causing myself to fly backwards. Usually a small fall wouldn't be a issue but there is a train heading straight in my direction.  I stand up as quick as I can but its not fast enough I brace myself knowing my time on earth is up. Just as the train is about to collide with me I see a fast shadow and I am pushed off of the tracks. I see a body with long blond hair fly through the air after being hit. NO its tricky i struggle to breathe. Why in the hell would she do that.

I run across the tracks where I see her. she looks so tiny and weak Iv never seen her like this it nearly breaks me. slowly she grabs my wrist and looks me in the eyes. Her eyes begin to gloss over but she manages to stutter out the words sss.. sing for me. She always loved when I sang to her I think to myself. I can barley function right now but I must be strong for her. "This one is for the boys with the booming system Top down, AC with the cooler system When he come up in the club, he be blazing' up Got stacks on deck like he saving' up" I sing to her in a weak whisper. a small weak smile spreads across her face so small that if you weren't looking closely you wouldn't be able to see it. Then her grip around my wrist releases.

"NO" I scream at the top of my lungs punching my fist into the ground over and over again until I cant anymore. I collapse onto her body tears streaming down my face. This isn't a movie this is real life my magic tears wont save her and no true loves kiss will wake her... Shes gone. I compose myself enough to gently brush my fingers over her eyes shutting them as they slide down. I plant a soft kiss on her forehead and tuck her loose strands of hair behind her ear. I hear shouting coming from Tasha but my mind is racing so fast I cant understand what she is saying. suddenly I'm pinned to the ground and my arms are pulled against my back. Iv been caught but I don't even care enough to fight it. I lay limp on the ground allowing the cop to pull me to his car and throw me in the back seat.

"I finally caught you kid" the cop says with humor in his tone. I find no humor in this but I don't have it in me to make a smart comment like I would have. I see no point in fighting my way out of this so I just sit in the car my head pressed against the cold glass watching the buildings go by.  We pull into the parking lot and I see in big letters Dallas county jail. I turned 18 last month so my days of juvey are over I'm in jail now.

After I'm searched by security and given my clothes I am escorted to my cell. My cell mate is facing the wall she appears to be reading a book. From the back she has a long blond ponytail that reminds me so much of Trisha the leader of our group called the subway surfers. I willingly walk into my cell and sit on the bed. As soon as the police that escorted me leaves my cell mate turns to face me. "well hello princess" she says with a posh city accent. I nearly gasp but she quickly covers my mouth with her hand. "Trisha" I say in a whisper being careful to not alert anybody of her presence. "That's right" she says with a small smirk. She winks at me and says "how about we get you out of her darlin."