Prologue

It's glad to have friends.

They're always there, helping you with your problems, teaching you things you suck at, encouraging you when you're feeling down, and making you happy every single day.

It's glad to have friends.

Someone to talk to for hours, someone you can laugh with, someone you can cry your heart out. A person who'll listen to everything you'll say, no matter how stupid it sounds. A person who'll hug you tight and tell you they'll be right beside you to punch those people who brought you pain.

It's glad to have friends, if only Ellie has one.

No one seems to want her as a friend.

She never likes to pretend but she needs to, for her family. She doesn't want them knowing how miserable her life is. She's trap, in her world; a world where pretending is a normal thing to do, a world where people doesn't care about her.

But she's used to it.

She's used to everyone who's unaware of her pain.

She's used to everyone making her feel down.

She's used to the feeling of being the unlikely person.

Just her mere existence is killing herself.

Even she, herself, stares at her own reflection with sympathy.

She hopes for a person who'll waste their time for her, a person who'll find time to make her smile, because for once, she wants to wake up with a true genuine smile on her face. She's been selfless too much, just this once, she wants to be selfish.

One person is enough. She begs you, just only one.