Chapter 1

As I doze to sleep, I enter a paradoxical world. As I lose sense of reality I enter a bittersweet dream. 

As my blurry vision starts to clear I see my mother. As I feel fragment strands of my hair being combed. I become frightened and this dream again gives me the coldest shivers. I try my best to awake from this livid dream but when she's smiling at me through the mirror, I'm forever stuck in this maze.

As it continues, I could feel that I loved her dearly and that she held an enormous power against me yet I gaze around the room to look at my surroundings.  The room looked so huge that I could see it continuing from the corner of my eyes. There was a king size bed, the color of a rich dark wood, filled with straw or feathers,  warmer due to its down-filled nature. Adorned with lavish jewels and ornamental finishings. Across it was an opening that hung golden curtains, which I had assumed behind it would be a balcony. On the floor wrapped a golden carpet that was printed a beautiful scene of the night sky making me want to grasp onto it and feel its texture. 

But I turn back to look at my mother, she looks so beautiful through the mirror. Her long black hair is covered with a head scarf. She smiles at me but I could see sadness in her eyes. As soon as I'm about to smile back at her a man, I think, someone stabs her in the back and I wake up sweating and screaming. But it was another sleepless and restless night without my Davin.

Davin and I were best friends since I could remember. I was a very complex child that loved silence and peace. As many people tried to bully me in the past I grew very fond of the whisling sound of the night. My mother and father had dropped me at an orphanage at such a young age. Sadly, with that departure I had depression at a young age and was triggered when Davin kept trying to talk to me. Whenever he tried to talk to me I'd act as if I couldn't hear him. Although both of us knew that I was ignoring him.

 The first time I met him I was playing in the sandbox.  I was by myself and I felt a rock hit the corner of my shoulder, I thought that it was Anastasia so I refused to look her in the eye. But then I saw someones shadow block my sunlight and I look up only to meet a pair of exotic blue and yellow mixed eyes. He had a smile, that now I know was a satisfied one because he caught my attention. That's all I remember. I suffer from a memory problem where I only remember him, the doctors said I'm alright but I'm the only one with this condition.

We went to the same kindergarten up until I changed into a whole different person. He and I shared pencils, I was an orphan back then, so that must of answered me to be very anti social when it came to other children but he popped that bubble and walked right in.

He was a charming boy, my best friend but that's when we went separate ways in the matter of time. Time and fate weren't my best friends when it came to life, but we don't have a choice do we? And it was when my real mother and father decided they wanted me back, as the princess of Palastine, that is why my eyes were Emerald green and face pale as the snow. And was bullied throughout my orphanage days.

It was Anastasia, such a beautiful name for a rude person. She would always force me to do jobs I didn't want to, and if I didn't? All hell would break lose, literally.

She made the other kids hate me, for being kind.

I thought is was bad to help others once in my time but my heart refused to let her get to me, but it didn't mean my heart didn't stop me from crying.

The world had seemed so dark with out Davin, when he didn't come I would actually fear for what Anastasia has in store for me.

He would always shoo anyone away that tried hurting me, but the more he helped the more she'd come, I couldn't break it to him because I know he's only doing it out of kindness.

He and I would play in the sand and I could see her eyes gazing me off.

Anastasia was beautiful, small waves that were platinum and her ocean blue eyes just were the notch she needed to top it off, but she had a scar on her face from the acid her father chucked on her while trying to kill her, no one ever told me this but I overheard the other girls talking about it while I was cleaning the floor.

I never brought up the fact her parents hated her because I could see she was already dealing with so much so I let her put her problems on me. Even if it meant sleeping with one eye open just so I wouldn't get a snake crawling under my sheets.

I was only 9 when all of this was happening, but all I needed was my pen and paper to make all the pain go away. Life was life, I would rather suffer then to not exist. When life got to tough though I'd always remind myself and my self made motto.

"Mama and papa
Will come one day
But until that day,
I will stay
In the far
Away,
Where rainbows
And angels will
Always stay and
Never run away"

I have another nightmare and find myself screaming. The door starts to open and I'm glad because Davin always comes in but this time I don't feel his presents I feel the cold wind and then I see her again, Anastasia.

"Are you having that dream again?" It was weird because she sounded concerned
"How do you know about it?" "And yeah" I add. Sometimes my honesty becomes annoying.
" I was talking to Davin about how you always scream and he told me" I know it is dark and I could taste her wicked grin on her face making me grimace.

"He promised he wouldn't tell no one, he'd never break my trust" would he? The voice inside my head starts to question me.
"Well he told me and I know your just lying so he could feel bad for you, you know that's the only reason why he stays with you, if you weren't such a joke he would actually never hang out with you"

"You lair, how dare you make those lies upon me? I have never told any one of you bullies anything about Yalasa and for you to have said it with no shame?" He pauses to catch his breathe because he's practically yelling. "Get out Anastasia, before I call mother Taris"
I could see Anastasia's mouth open from the lighting of the moon and she stormed out not bothering to threaten me again.

"Are you okay?" He whispers now knowing that if he yells again he'd be sleeping outside.

I cannot believe I ever doubted him.

"Yeah, thank you Davin, how did you come in without being noticed"

" I come to this room nearly every 365 days and now you seem to question how I came here?"

I cannot help but smile of how he's so right.

"Thank you again, Davin"

We talked and talked until I fell asleep, he told me how Anastasia went through my medical reports and that's how she knew and how she came in his room to see if he was sleeping and that's when he got suspicious.

She felt safe with Davin and he felt strong with her by his side, they were the best friends no one would have ever hoped for, forever unbreakable.

I couldn't believe it when mother Taris said that I was going to a home, not only a home, but a palace. I thought she was placing a prank on me which I acted oblivious to just so I didn't hurt her feeling, but I was so in for a surprise.