Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter Six

The heavenly smell of bacon wakes me up from my comatose state. I open up my eyes and quickly regret it.

Why did I insist on painting the walls white in my bedroom? The shade is burning my retinas right now even with the curtain closed.

I lift my head from my pillow and try to maneuver my way out of the bed. My head feels like someone stomped on it several times. My throat is dry and my whole body is sore.

I am never drinking again.

Once I am able to stand up straight, I slowly make my way out of my room and into the kitchen. Bryce is half naked, cooking breakfast. I watch him, while he plates the bacon and starts working on the eggs.

My headache almost fades away at the sight.

Gigi comes out of her room in a state similar to mine. She looks at me and grunts out a "good morning".

There's nothing good about this morning. Not with this hangover.

I go brush my teeth and come back to join Gigi and Bryce at the kitchen counter. I sit on one of the bar stools and grab a piece of bacon.

"No, don't eat yet!", Bryce's large hand slaps my small one away from the bacon.

I let out a small whine, sounding like a puppy that got scolded.

He places two glasses in front of Gigi and me. They are filled to the brim with an icky looking green slimy drink.

"What the hell is this?", she asks looking at the contents in the glass in disgust.

"Something that will cure your hangover", he replies.

I take the glass and take a small sip. I gag at how disgusting the taste and texture is.

"If you hurl, you don't eat", Bryce says firmly.

It takes us ten minutes to actually drink the whole thing. Ten minutes of pleading with Bryce. Ten minutes of gagging and crying for our mothers at how unfair this man is.

"I never said I play fair", he says with a smirk .

He leaves a few minutes after breakfast. We quickly clean up around the apartment and then spend the rest of the day...the actual weekend sleeping our massive hangovers off.

Monday morning comes by so quickly and along with it my extreme crippling anxiety. Today I start my new job.

Am I excited?

Yes.

Do I feel like I'm going to throw up my actual heart from anxiety?

Hell yes.

Do I have faith in myself?

Yes because I always put in a hundred and fifty percent of myself in anything that I do. Plus I am hyped up by Gigi's words of encouragement.

According to her I'm going to make the best celebrity maid ever as I am "anal when it comes to clean things". Her words not mine. I am glad that she sees my neatness as something anal.

Gigi you sure have a way with words my friend.

I wake up at 7am and start getting ready. Belle had sent me a text yesterday saying that I should be at the house by 9am where I will be met by a woman called Ms. June.

Thankfully she had also sent me a gps location of the house so that I know where I am going. Gigi is my ride for the day as she also is on her way to work.

"We're definitely not in Kansas anymore", she muses as she lets out a whistle at our surroundings. I laugh at her reference from The Wizard of Oz, though tweeked in pure Gigi style.

icon lock

Show your support for Thuli M, and continue reading this story

by Thuli M
@TeyanaMoon
Meet 23 year old Rosalie Jones. A college student who's struggling to...
Buy a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 50 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @TeyanaMoon.