CHAPTER 5

HE sent me a friend request, and I found myself in a state of uncertainty, unsure of what action to take. The options were right there in front of me - to confirm or to ignore. After a moment of contemplation, I decided to take the leap and confirm the friend request.

Una kong napansin ang kanyang profile na character sa isang sikat na anime, nakalimutan ko lang kung anong title. Wala siyang cover photo at bio.

He didn't include his residential address either. The only information or details he provided pertained to our university. His profile was sparse, lacking the usual personal details one might expect. It was as if he wanted to maintain a certain level of anonymity, choosing to only disclose his affiliation with our university.

This left me with limited knowledge about him, creating an air of mystery around his persona. His decision to withhold such information made me wonder about his reasons and what he might be keeping private.

Wala rin makikitang upload photos ang kanyang timeline, hindi rin niya hilig mag-post dahil tanging isang shared post lang ang makikita sa timeline niya.

Picture ng isang itim na pusa.

So, there was nothing on his timeline. It was as if I was expecting to find something, which is quite amusing when I think about it. After realizing this, I decided to leave the cafeteria.

The hustle and bustle of the place, the clatter of trays and the hum of conversation, gradually faded as I walked away. I then made my way towards the library, a place of quiet and solitude. The path to the library was familiar, a route I had taken many times before.

The anticipation of immersing myself in the world of books and knowledge was a comforting thought as I left the noise of the cafeteria behind.

“Van!”

I heard my name being called from a distance. The sound echoed, reaching my ears and pulling me out of my thoughts. It was a familiar voice, one that I recognized instantly. I turned around, scanning the surroundings as I tried to locate the source of the call.

Then, I saw Mila. She was running towards me, her hair bouncing with each stride she took. She waved her hand in the air, trying to catch my attention as she continued to call out my name.

Hinihingal siya ng makarating sa harapan ko, “Kanina pa kita tinatawag... kaya pala 'di mo ako marinig kasi naka earpods ka.”

Hindi ko napansin kanina pa pala nakasalpak sa tenga ko ang earpods. Ang ingay kasi kanina sa cafeteria kaya nag-earpods ako.

“Ay sorry, bakit?”

Malawak siyang ngumiti at may binigay na card and its not just a normal card, invitation card 'yon. Agad ko naman itong binuksan.

You are invited in Carmila's Debut.

It turns out that Mila's debut is tomorrow, and I was completely unaware. I'm not typically the type of person who actively engages in social interactions, but Mila is someone I consider a true friend.

Our bond transcends the usual acquaintances I have, and she holds a special place in my life. Despite my tendency to keep to myself, our friendship has flourished, and she has become an integral part of my life.

The fact that I was unaware of such a significant event in her life, her debut, makes me reflect on my need to be more involved and attentive to the lives of those who matter to me.

“Sana maka-attend ka!” She expressed.

I smiled at her, “Oo naman.”