PROLOGUE

University Series #1: Reaching the Sky (completed)

University Series #2: Destined to be With You.

This story contains spoiler for University Series #1.

A/N: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to the actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

| PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME! |

Enjoy reading! :)

                                 ***

"Hey, i heard nagresign ka na and lilipat ka in Perez Group of Companies?" i said as i entered Cloud's office.

"Yeah, they want me to be one of their engineers and i said yes, their company is good so it's fine" he answered, he's busy packing his things.

"So? What if magkita kayo?" i said pertaining to Sky.

"It's just a what if, Charlotte. And i heard she's out of the country right now" he simply said.

"Oh, updated i see" i teased.

"Yeah, someone's updating me" he said, smirking.

Shit, why do i have a feeling about someone who's updating him.

"And who's that someone?" i asked.

"Lucas" he said, still smirking.

"Fuck you, Cloud" i said as i walked out of his office. I even heard him laughed. What a fucker.

I was about to enter my office when my boss secretary called me.

"Engr. Rivera. Mr. Lim wants to talk to you, in his office, right now" she said, pertaining to my boss.

I just nod and follow her to my boss office.

"Goodmorning, Sir" i said as i enter his office.

"Oh, Engr. Rivera. Have a seat" he said.

"So i shall start because it's urgent. I know you're aware that Engr. Martinez is the Head of Engineering Department. And since he left, i want you to take his place. You've been promoted, Engr. Rivera" he explained.

"Thank you, sir" i just said.

Well, i expected this. I know that if Cloud would leave this Company, I'm the one who will took his place. And it's happening right now.

Well, seriously? I'm not that happy to be promoted, coz' gosh! Dadami nanaman yung mga gagawin ko! And it stress me so much, pano pa kaya pag naging Head nako right?

But i can't decline this offer. Ofcourse, my parents would be proud if they will know this. And it really sucks when you can't reach their expectations for you, so yeah. I don't have the chance to decline this.

All my life i just wanted them to be proud at me. And I'm an only child, ofcourse their expectations for me was high. So high, that i think i wasn't able to reach it, so here i am trying to do my best.

"So yeah here's your new project, we're with Perez Group of Companies so expect that you'll be working with some of their engineers. It's a hotel, the site will be in Batangas. Later at 10am the representatives of PGC will be here for the meeting" he said.

What the fuck?! Perez Group of Companies?! Fucking shit.

"U-uh yes sir. I'll be there on time" i just said, i was dumbfounded right now.

"Here's the information about that project" he said and handed me some documents. I just nod and take my leave.

It's already 9am so i just quickly scanned the documents he gave me and then prepare for the meeting later.

When it's exactly 10am i hurriedly went to the board room.

My boss was already there, and some engineers and architects in our company. And of course, in Perez Group of Companies as well.

And shit, thankfully he wasn't there so it means he's not one of the engineers that i will be working to.

"Shall we start?" my boss said.

"We're still waiting for the others sir, some of their engineers is not here yet" his secretary said.

I didn't bother to check the folder in front of me coz' i was still checking the documents my boss gave me earlier. I'm still not finish scanning it.

20minutes had passed, still, we're waiting for the other engineers. How irresponsible, they all know that the meeting will start in 10am and they're not here yet? Gosh.

"Can we start without the others?" my boss said. Knowing my boss, he's very impatient. They're lucky coz' he's still controling his emotion.

Of course, it would be our loss if we lose this project. He should be patient.

"Goodmorning, sorry I'm late" someone enters the board room so my gaze turned to that someone.

"My apologies, Mr. Lim" he said as he sits in one of the swivel chair on the right side.

What the fucking fuck is happening right now?! Why is he here?! Omygod!

"So shall we start?" my boss said. So the presenter went infront to present the project.

I couldn't focus to what's the presenter is saying right now. I was still staring at him, calmly sitting there.

Why does it feel like he doesn't care at all? And it really hurt me so much knowing that.

"Thank you" the presenter said as she goes back to her seat.

"The table is now open for questions" my boss said.

"So Engr. Rivera and Engr. Vasquez was the one who's assigned to this project right?" one of the engineers said.

"Yes" my boss answered.

"So since this project consists of 3 engineers and two architects, there will be two office in that site. One is for Engr. Rivera and Engr. Vasquez. And the another one will be for the others who's assigned as well" my boss said.

Everyone just nod about what he said. And here i am, dumbfounded. We? In the same office? Gosh, i never thought it would happen.

"So next month, we'll be starting that project. As of now we just need to talk about the materials that we'll be using and some other stuffs. Like the worker's and their payment." my boss said.

Next month, next month will be the start of my hell life. I couldn't imagine me working with him. I just couldn't.

This was my first time seeing him again after 5years, i think? In that five years i focused on moving on and ofcourse my work.

"Meeting adjourned" my boss said as he left the board room.

I was about to left when i bump into his shoulder. Shit. Why so tanga, self?!

"Sorry" i said.

"It's okay" he just said and left the board room.

Five years, five years that i didn't hear that voice. And now it was cold. I can feel it. Ofcourse, who wouldn't be angry at me, right?

I was still blaming myself for what happened, so here i am facing the consequences. And i think one of that consequences is him, treating me like that.

Well, i can't blame him. He really should be mad at me right now.

Coz' I'm just the one who left him years ago, never telling him the reason why i left...