1

Vincent Phantomhive opened his eyes to find himself in a place he hardly recognized. His head hurt but he realized that he wasn't wounded. Was he drugged? How did he get here. He sat up in the chair, noticing his wrist was handcuffed to the side. "What the-" 

"You're awake," a voice spoke calmly. Vincent snapped his head in that direction and blinked, eyes adjusting to the dim lighting. Were they underground? 

"Where am I?" his words slurred.

The stranger stood up and walked over to him. He pressed his finger to his lips and smiled. "I wouldn't speak just yet. They gave you a bit too much." Vincent moved away from his hand. He decided that even if he was handcuffed to this (likely heavy) lamp...his best bet was to pick it up. Vincent grabbed the lamp and tried to pick it up, he managed it, and kicked the stranger away, standing up and holding the lamp with both hands, pointing it at the stranger. 

"Where the hell am I?" he asked. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," the stranger walked toward him. Vincent continued to hold the lamp, his vision blurring. "I told you," the stranger caught him. "They gave you too much." Vincent struggled to get away from him. How could any person be this strong? He took the key from his pocket and released Vincent of his handcuff. The lamp fell to the ground. 

Vincent pushed him away, leaning up against the pillar behind him. He glared. "Who are you?" He held the pillar for support, realizing that it would be difficult to run in this state. 

"My name is Adrian Crevan," he smiled, placing a hand on his chest. "I'm The Undertaker." Vincent's eyes widened slightly. He'd heard that before but he wasn't sure where. Wasn't that some kind of criminal? "You, are my new pet," Adrian walked toward him and placed his finger on Vincent's chest. "Fall in love with me, in 8760 hours, and if you aren't in love with me by then, I'll let you go." 

"What?" Vincent scoffed. 

"You're a stubborn man, think of this as a bet." 

"Why would I willingly stay here for a whole year?" Vincent snapped. 

"Oh," Adrian's eyes widened. "You can do math very well when you're this drugged..."

"What about my family? Friends? You can't just kidnap me for a whole year without them worrying..." Vincent's head throbbed. His hands felt as if they were bleeding from clinging to this pillar. 

"I can do anything I damn well please," Adrian grabbed Vincent's chin. "You'd do well to remember that." 

Vincent stepped forward and shook his head away from Adrian's hand enough to bite him. Adrian snapped, grabbing the back of Vincent's neck and turning him around to press him up against the pillar. He shoved his knee in between Vincent's legs and spoke coldly by his ear, body pressed up against Vincent's back. "Let's get one thing straight, shall we?" he began. "I am stronger than you. If you try to escape, you'll get shot. So just play my game for a year and you'll never have to see my face again." 

"Forcing yourself on someone is not the best way to win hearts, you know?" Vincent glared. 

Adrian smiled, giving Vincent some space and holding his hands behind his back. "Oh, don't worry about that. I'm not going to force myself on you. I'm genuinely interested in getting you to fall in love with me." 

"Wha-" Vincent reached his limit with the drugs and fell sideways. Adrian rushed forward to catch him. He picked him up bridal style and carried him to his room. 

"Sir? Are you really going to do this?" someone asked him on his way up the stairs. 

"Were you the one that drugged him?" Adrian gritted his teeth, eyes shining coldly in the moonlight. 

"No, Sir-" 

"Find out who did," Adrian snapped. The male scurried off to investigate. "I specifically told them not to-" Adrian kicked open the door to his room and placed Vincent on the bed. He stripped of his clothing and sat in a chair next to the bed, staring at Vincent's face. 

"Maybe I am crazy," he rested his chin on his hand. "But what's the worst that could happen?"