Socks and Seoul

Y/N's POV

[Y/N]
im finally in seoul!!

[Katie]
YAY!!! how was your flight??

[Y/N]
not too bad, just some light turbulence here and there, the food wasnt the best, i can make better :pp

[Katie]
as expected of airplane food
so what are you planning to do today?

[Y/N]
well right now im waiting for my mom to pick me up, and then shes gonna help me get acquainted with seoul
i made her buy and furnish the apartment last month bc i didnt wanna go home to an empty apartment 🤭

[Katie]
omg, was she mad??

[Y/N]
no she was fine with it, she was just so eager to have me in korea, at first she even wanted me to live with her
but i refused bc i wanna be independent :pp

[Katie]
ohhhh

[Y/N]
hbu? what you doing today?

[Katie]

heading out to a cafe with my friend 🥰🥰

[Y/N]
oooo pretty phone case you got there

[Katie]
what abt me? 🥴

[Y/N]
you look like a literal sock

[Katie]
AJSKSHSKSHKSJSKS HEY THATS NOT FUNNY

[Y/N]
LITERALLY THO YOU LOOK LIKE MY MISSING BLACK SOCK
THATS ALL I CAN THINK OF

[Katie]
QTRWTWTWUSHJESHK GET OUTTTT

[Y/N]
do you know how embarrassed i was during the security check when i took of my shoes and everyone was staring at my black sock and then my rainbow toe sock

[Katie]
WHY DO YOU HAVE A RAINBOW TOE SOCK?!?!

[Y/N]
THEY LOOK NICE AND MY TOES NEED SPACE TO BREATHE

[Katie]
HSKSHSJSHKS SHUT UP EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT ME LIKE CRAZY BC IM DYING OF LAUGHTER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET

[Y/N]
HOW DID YOU THINK I FELT?!?

[Katie]
SJSHSJAHAHHAHAHA

[Y/N]
my mom is here ill talk to you later katie
bye bye

[Katie]
when you get home you better change your socks

[Y/N]
yes maam

[Katie]
buh bai 💜💜

You looked up to find your mother impatiently tapping her shoe on the polished marble floor of the airport.

"What's so important that you're ignoring your own mother?" Umma said with a glare.

"It's nothing Umma," but the sheepish grin and light shade of pink on your cheeks said otherwise.

Umma quirked her eyebrow, "Lee Y/N, it hasn't even been ten minutes since you've arrived here, and you're already lying to me?" Her hand rested on her chest in disbelief, but you could tell from her eyes that she was just teasing you. Sometimes, you wondered which one of you were was the eldest, she was way too playful for a middle aged woman.

Your hand rubbed the back of your neck,
"Well," You hesitantly looked up to only be met to your mother frantically blinking her lashes in anticipation, "I am talking to this one girl—"

"Show me!" She practically yelled, thank god the airport didn't have too many people today.

"Umma, can we just go home? I'm really tired from my trip."

"Fine, but you better show me when we get to your apartment."

"Yes Umma."

You woke up to your mother slightly shaking your arm.

"We're here," she said, you responded to her with a slight nod, still dozed from the nap you just took during the car drive; the twelve hour time difference was starting to take a toll on your body, but the bright sun shining into the car did a pretty good job of stopping you from passing out right then and there.

You followed your mother into the apartment complex, sure you saw the building from pictures on the website, but nothing beats the real thing; you had a hard time processing the fact that you were across the world right now, pursuing your dream job in your home country, all at the young age of 19. You were thankful you had most of your family here to support you,moving into a new environment could be stressful, it was a shame your father had to stay back in the U.S., but being a renowned doctor made it difficult to leave for extended periods of time. The soft ding of the elevator snapped you out of your thoughts, and you tailed your mother to your apartment room.

"Enter Y/N," Umma said softly. You inputed the code onto the lock, and a soft jingle played signaling that you were approved for access. You opened the door and gazed into the room, a sense of pride filled you, the room was decorated in a chic and modern manner, several fake plants scattered around the house in order to give contrast from the biege and white interior.

"I did such a good job decorating it," Umma wiped a fake tear from her eye, "all my blood, sweat, and tears."

"Uh, Umma, I bought and designed the interior, all you did was place the furniture inside."

"How dare you speak back to your mother!" You rolled your eyes at her and settled your luggage near the bed. Just as you were about to jump onto the bed, you flinched at the sound of a sharp yell.

"Yah! Don't you dare think abt getting onto that bed! You haven't even taken a shower yet! You absolutely stink!" Umma said as she dramatically started fanning the air in front of her face, "I still have to give you a tour of Seoul after this!"

You turned around sharply to face her. "Yes! Yes! Sajang-nim(Boss)!" You made a salute to her and rushed to the bathroom.

"Lee Y/N! You haven't even gotten a fresh change of clothes yet!"

You tuned out the sound of her voice, you were too excited and get into a hot shower after 18 hours of travel, you peeled off your black sock and your rainbow toe sock, after all, you had the rest of your life to enjoy the wonders of Seoul.