5

Steven finally sat up after the pain stopped and he glared at the camera he had learned to see, "YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T MONSTERS! BULLSHIT!" Steven bellowed and stood up slowly with the help of the wall. He tried to summon his shield again and it fizzed out once again, it was like a temporary set back for his powers.

"Please stand down Mr. Universe." the British woman from earlier spoke. "We don't want to make this difficult do we?" four screens showed up on the walls showing Pearl's gem, Ruby punching a door in anger and yelling, Sapphire surrounded in ice in her room as she was panicking calmly, and Amethyst trying to break down the door by spinning into it.

Steven looked at his friends in shock and growled, turning pink, "LEAVE THEM ALONE!" the floor cracked when he yelled and he looked shocked when the floor cracked.

"Mr. Universe. If you do not calm down we will have to use brute force on you or your friends to restrain you." The woman stated as a horn sounded in the room and men came in from the door with reinforcements and more guns. Steven summoned his bubbles on his hands but they popped and he looked at his hands.

"Shit," Steven muttered as he glared at the men. They aimed their guns at him and he got in a fighting stance. "Bring it on," Steven said and they started shooting at him.

He pulled up a bubble as fast as possible and tried to keep it up for as long as possible. He looked at the screens and saw men running into their rooms, aiming at the Gems and one with a rock aimed at Pearl's gem. Steven's eyes widened in fear and held his hands up "STOP!" he shrieked and they stopped shooting. Steven lowered the bubble and held up his hands. "Don't hurt them, do what you want to me, just don't hurt them. And let Sapphire and Ruby see each other...please?" There was silence. After a few moments, the men lowered their guns and left the room as the woman spoke through the intercom, "you don't make demands Mr. Universe. You take them." And everything went silent as Steven curled up and tried not to cry for his friends.