Alice in Wonderland

~Alice in Wonderland~

 The little girl couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her lips as she skipped through the dark forest. Trees seemed to want to grab her and devour her. Darkness seemed to reach for her with clawed fingers. But, she didn’t care.

            She was going to see her funny friends again. The brown bunny who loved to throw spoons, the small mouse who loved to swing a sword, and the mad hatter, who, like his name suggests, was crazy. Another giggle left her grinning lips. The bounce in her step increased. She loved tea time with her friends.

            “Ah, Alice!” A green mist exclaimed as it slinked through the dark trees. A white smile full of sharp white teeth solidified followed by bright green cat eyes. The little girl’s smile grew to match that of the cat’s.

            “Cheshire cat!” Alice giggled as she stopped skipping. Her wavy blonde hair continued swinging for a little bit after she stopped. The now fully formed cat swan through the air and rolled over on his back facing Alice.

            “Heading over to the Mad hatter’s for tea?” he purred. She smiled as she began skipping again.

            “Of course! Would you like to come?” She asked swinging her arms. The Cheshire cat slinked his way through the air.

            “It would be my pleasure Alice,” He purred, flashing his sharp white teeth. They walked down the dark path giggling and laughing. Soon their laughs were accompanied by others.

            “Pass the sugar!”

            “Have some tea!”

            The sound of breaking glass came from the bright clearing. Alice broke into a run ready to see her friends.

The Mad hatter sat at the head of the table. His tattered hat sat atop his head as the pale man sipped his tea from a half glass. His eyes stared over the cup in there brilliant gold.

The small mouse sat in a full tea cup filled almost to the brim with tea. Her little sword was held in her paw outside of the cup.

The brown rabbit with crooked ears sat shaking in his seat. He kept glancing around nervously as he stirred his tea with a metal spoon.

The Mad hatter was the first to spot her.

“Alice! You’ve escaped from the bloody Red Queen’s chores again?” He asked as he stood in his chair. He stomped across the table, knocking over tea glasses and pastries. Alice giggled as she rocked on her heels.

“Yeah I finished early!” She giggled again. The Cheshire cat swam close to her ear.

“You know Alice, what the Red Queen makes you do isn’t right.” Her blue eyes watched at her green friend slinked away to his seat at the table. The Mad hatter brought her attention to himself by putting his arm on her shoulders. He led her to the table as he spoke.

“Cheshire is right. Doing all those chores and not getting anything in return? No cool.” He shook his finger in her face as he said not cool before pulling her chair out for her.

“And threatening to cut off your head if you don’t do it? Not cool either.” The mouse said pointing the tip of her sword at Alice as she said so.

“Off with her head! Off with her head!” The brown rabbit yelled over and over before shakily bringing his cup to his lips to sip the tea.

“Alice!”

The group of friends’ heads turned at the voice. The Red Queen! She had followed Alice! There couldn’t be more chores for Alice to do, not already. The little girl turned to her friends silently asking what to do.

“You should take care of her before she takes care of you Alice,” The Cheshire purred before lapping up some more tea.

“Off with her head! Off with her head!” The brown rabbit whispered as he watched the entrance to the clearing.

A woman with pale skin, black hair, dark eyes, red lips, and a red dress entered the clearing. Her eyes locked onto Alice. She picked up her skirts and walked over to Alice.

“Ah Alice, there you are darling. I need you to clean up you house please. I will be bringing company over later.” Alice looked to her friends once again. What should she do? The Mad hatter discretely slid a knife to her. The brown rabbit threw a spoon at the Queen.

“Have some tea!” The Queen stumbled back before falling on her butt with and oomph. Alice picked up the knife at the encouragement of her friends.

“Off with her head! Off with her head!” They chanted as she neared the fallen Queen. The Red Queen looked up and screamed.

“Off with her head!”

Police broke down the door to the two story home. The neighbors had been worried because they hadn’t seen the single mother or her daughter for five days now. So, naturally they had called the police.

The police searched the bottom floor only to find nothing. As they slowly walked up the stairs they could hear a little girl talking.

“Pass the tea please.”

Opening up the room from which the sounds were coming from, the police saw a little girl sitting at a table set up from tea with the kettle and all.

“Oh look we have some visitors!” She giggled and turned to face the new people entering their clearing. The police were horrified. The little girl had blood splattered all over her. She was holding a bloodied knife in her hand

“Here, have some tea!” She chucked the knife at the police. They shut the door to avoid getting hit by the deadly projectile, but at the shut the door quickly they saw the headless body of a woman lying on the girl’s floor.