Soulmate

A/N: hopefully I will get the part 2 to "speak out" published in a week or so! Anyways, thank you for the support! ❤️

(Y/L/I) means your last initial

Between the ages of 17 and 20, a small tattoo appears on your wrist that has your soulmates first name and last initial. I have always been excited to learn the name of my soulmate and I had a feeling it would happen soon. I was in my junior year of high school and 17 years old.

My alarm went off loudly to let me know it was time to get up for school. I ate breakfast, got dressed, and headed to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

I looked in the mirror as I was doing my hair and noticed something poking out from under my sleeve. I quickly rolled up my sleeve and saw it. My soulmate's name! Anthony S.

I went about my day as normal and drove home. While I was in class, I had the idea to go through last years yearbook to see if anyone matched the name on my wrist. I couldn't help but walk to the front door a bit faster than usual.

I flipped through the pages of the yearbook. I was now in the section of last years juniors. My eyes widened as I came across a name. Anthony Stark. This could be him. This could be my soulmate.

I tried to not let my hopes up since he very well could not be the one. I hadn't even ever talked to him.
Maybe I should try to befriend him and get to know him.

I found out that one of my friends actually knew him and offered to introduce me to him at lunch. As I entered the cafeteria, my friend waved me down and motioned for me to go over there. Next to them was Anthony.

"(Y/N), this is Tony. Tony this is (Y/N)." My friend said.
So he goes by Tony. Got it.
I offered my hand to shake but he took it and placed a soft kiss to the back of it.
"Pleasure to meet you, (Y/N)," he said.
"Quite the charmer, aren't you?" I giggled.

Over the next few months, Tony and I got closer and started hanging out outside of school.

"You know what sucks?" He said while we were at the local cafè.
"What?"
"I still haven't gotten the name of my soulmate. I thought it would've appeared by now. She must be dead or something."
I laughed. "Tony, you'll probably get the name soon." Hopefully, it's my name.
"Yeah, maybe. You've gotten yours, right?" He asked.
"Yes, but I cover it most of the time. I don't like when people can just see the name of my soulmate."
"Well who is it!?" Tony had a huge smile plastered on his face.
"That's a secret I'll be keeping for now." I told him. I couldn't have him finding out it might be him.
"Fine. But as soon as I get mine we tell each other. Deal?"
"Deal"

Tony never got his tattoo during his senior year. After he left for college, we didn't talk anymore. I lost hope that he was my soulmate. It was probably just a coincidence.

Time skip

Its been many years now and I'm not any closer to finding my soulmate. The closest I came was at Starbucks. The barista that made my drink was named Anthony, but upon further inspection, I saw the name on his wrist did not match mine.

I heard that Tony was taking over his dad's company. Soulmate or not, I missed Tony. He was a caring friend beneath his sarcastic shell. Every time I saw him on the local news, I remembered all our late night talks and adventures.

Currently I was walking down the street to go pick up a drink from Starbucks. I really needed it today after not being able to fall asleep last night.

I got my drink and began walking back to my house. Obviously I wasn't paying much attention because suddenly I felt myself run into something. A body. I dropped my drink on impact and it was now all over the sidewalk.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-"
"(Y/N)?" The person asked. No way. I knew this voice.
"Tony? It's been so long! What are you doing here?" I asked.
Without answering he pulled me into a hug which I gladly returned.
"You're still as beautiful as you were back in high school. I'm sorry I didn't ever reach out to you. I guess I got caught up in everything. That means we have a lot to catch up on and I owe you a coffee."

Tony began walking back to Starbucks with me following him. We got our drinks and sat down at a table.
"So, have you found out your soulmate's name?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I did. Freshman year of college."
"Well we made a deal. Time to reveal the names!" I exclaimed. Even though I was sure the name would not be my own, I was still excited to see who it was.
"Okay," he put his wrist on the table and I did the same. "On the count of 3 remove the sleeve. 1...2...3!" We both pulled up our sleeves. I look at his tattoo.

(Y/N) (Y/L/I)

We both looked at each other with shock on our faces. I tried to say something but words wouldn't form.

"Do you think that- this cant be a coincidence." Tony said.
"I didn't think it was actually you. I always really hoped it was, but never did I think I would be seeing my name and initial on your wrist."
"Maybe we can give us a try, just to make sure." He said.
I agreed

A month later

I met up with Tony for our lunch date. So far, things were really well between us.

We ordered our food and chatted for a few minutes.
"Okay, I need to tell you something." Tony said.
He found his actual soulmate. It was never me. I felt my heart rate increase.
"It's you. I know it's you now. Even before I had the tattoo I knew. You made me feel things I had never felt before. And then I lost you for awhile. And now realize I was lost without you. We didn't bump into each other on accident. It was fate. I know you're my soulmate, (Y/N). I won't lose you again." He placed a kiss on the back of my hand that reminded me of when we first met.

"Pleasure to meet you, (Y/N)."

"Quiet the charmer, aren't you?" I told him. He looked down and chuckled.
"I guess I am. Better get used to it"  Tony looked deeply into my eyes and smiled. "Yep. You're the one."