Chapter 1

Moving schools was hard for me, especially when I had loads of friends back in my old school who I would miss a lot. They were like family to me, I would tell them everything and they understood me. For example, when I told them that I had self-harm problems. I had told them after 2 months of it. It seemed like a long time, but none of it ever got deep. When I finally accepted and admitted to myself that I had a problem, I knew I'd have to tell my friends. So I did.

Ever since then, I had gotten better.

I just hoped that things would go well at my new school. Being drove to school when you can clearly walk is just an excuse for mums to see their children walk into the school and embarrass them by shouting something like "Charlie, you forgot your lunch" or "have a good day, darling" while you walk into the school.

Trust me, its happened before. When I started secondary school in year 7 like everyone else, my mum shouted to me as soon as I was out of the car, "Don't forget to actually talk to people, darling, even the teachers". It was so embarrassing - at least I knew people that were going to the same secondary school as me then. At this point, I knew nobody that was at the school I was going to, so I wouldn't have anyone to talk to and I'd have to make new friends.

I hated my mum for getting a new job, but she did it for the both of us and so I could stay in school and get a good education, so I was thankful and  grateful for someone as wonderful as her!

As I stepped out of the car and slammed the door shut, mum said, "Goodbye, honey, have a good first day." And then rushed off.

I wondered into the school and upstairs to the year office. A brown-haired boy was sat outside, but he was more slanted. I guessed someone was in the office already, so I sat down and waited. I could hear the conversation from inside the office. I had met the head of the year when I had a tour of the school last week. His name was Mr Green and he seemed really nice, but he was angry in the office now.

"Get out of my office now!" Mr Green shouted.

Harsh much? A girl with blonde hair and hazel eyes ran out and Mr Green came out after calming down.

"Leondre Devries? Oh, wait, Charlie Lenehan first please?" Mr Green asked.

"That's me," I replied, walking into his office behind him and shut the door behind me. As he began to talk, I sat down.

"Welcome to the school," Mr Green greeted me, smiling. He picked up my timetable off of his neat yet cluttered desk and handed it to me. "This is your timetable. If you wanna go and sit back outside and wait until I've dealt with another student, I'll show you to your first lesson."

"Okay, thanks, sir," I replied and walked back outside, sitting back down as Leo was called into the office. Instead of eavesdropping again, I looked at my timetable and tried to figure out where I was going.

Within minutes, Mr Green was done with Leo in the office. They both came out and Leo went off to his lesson. I stood up and showed sir my timetable, then we started walking. We went through some double doors and up some stairs. Then we went through some more double doors at the top and into the everyday subjects department. English, Maths and Science were all on the same floor and so was the PE theory classes, including the Library and a lunch area near the toilets.

My first lesson was English. When we got to the classroom, sir spoke to the class. "This is Charlie, a new student here. I hope you are nice to him." Then he left me.

 "Hi, Charlie, I'm Ms Rose, why don't you introduce yourself?" The teacher of the classroom suggested.

"Sir kinda did it for me," I laughed, nervously and awkwardly.

"Tell us a bit about you," Ms Rose smiled.

"My name's Charlie Lenehan, I moved here because my mum got a new job and I like football," I managed to say, but quietly.

"Where would you like to sit, you can either sit next to Kane or Leo?" She asked.

"I don't know," I admitted.

"How about you sit next to Kane for today and see how that goes?" She suggested.

"Okay," I responded and so I sat down next to a guy who was slouched in his chair and he had black hair a bit like JB's in a quiff, only a bit shorter which was where Ms Rose had directed me to.

"Hey, I'm Kane," He sat up properly and greeted me well and politely, so I thought that he was a harmless guy and really nice and that was what I'd hoped for at the school.

"Hi," I reply.

"Behind me are my friends, Kieran and Tristan," He informed me and so I turned around to face them. It was either me, or one of them who had a really strong deodorant on, and I was pretty sure it wasn't me, so it had to be one of them.

"Hey, sup mate?" Kieran asked, smirking.

"You must be Kieran, hi," I awkwardly introduced myself.

"This is Tristan," I turned to Tristan, but he was slouched back in his chair, facing the ceiling and so he must've been asleep. He sat back up straight, still asleep and then leant forward, but failed as he banged his head on the table and it immediately woke him.

"Hi, you must be Charlie," He smirked as he greeted me. "Sorry, I tend to doze off in boring subjects, English is one of the worst."

Was I missing something or did every guy look like they were smirking every time they smiled? Was that normal?

"It's okay, I used to do the same," I laughed, still nervous.

"You know that creep, Leo?" Kane turned around.

"The one with the short brown quiff?" I asked, as I wasn't too sure that I knew him.

"If you see him, beat the shit out of him. He's a fag," He said, offensively.

"Thanks for telling me. I hate fags," I replied. I knew that, by saying that, I was basically insulting myself as well, but no one knew.

"I'm gonna go back to sleep," Tristan yawned and dozed off straight away.

_____________

So, yes, I'm publishing the love is books again. Who's excited? Hope you enjoyed this chapter! - Chloe