.~*{Chapter II}*~.

I walked into the classroom at 10:05. The class didn't start until 10:30, but I was super early, all to avoid the early exhausting dissension that I knew Kelma would hold for me. She was always ready with witty comebacks to throw at me if I ever reminded her of something she despised. What has our friendship come too? I asked myself in my head. I tried to push the thoughts of her out of my head. I started sketching on my book to distract my mind. It was just so hard not to think about a failing friendship. 

I glared around the room. Not many people were here. Just three boys and two girls sat at there desks (One of them being me). I wanted to talk to that girl sometime. She seemed shy, and she didn't have many friends here either. Though, I have heard her talk about some friends she had at a club she joined. At least she seemed happy. "Well, you're here early," the teacher finally acknowledged me. "Oh, yes. I wanted to come here early so I could have some time to think and prepare for the lesson," I replied. As I spoke, the other students turned at me. Shivers ran up my spine. The teacher nodded then turned back at her books, as did I. 

After a while, I turned to the clock. It was 10:19 yup any moment now the rest of the class will barge in, everyone but Linsly and Karal. The twins were always late, usually from talking and gossiping to other people in the hallways. 

A pounding sound woke me from my thoughts. I turned to my right. Kelma sat at her desk, turning to me as I did to her. She sharply turned forward as I turned down quickly. I continued to sketch in my book, knowing Kelma was watching if I was to look back at her. But I didn't dare make eye contact with Kelma again. Eventually, she turned down to her book and flipped through the pages. I sighed quietly and continued, imagination taking over.

   The class was over, and boy was I feeling free today. I rushed outside and skipped over the stairs, landing flat on solid ground. I smiled to myself. "Meluca Kalemer," I herd Jannie call my name. I slowly turned. "Yes?" I asked. "I can't believe you!" She huffed, heading down the steps towards me. "What?" I asked again. "You should be ashamed!" She hissed at my face. Jannie was Kelma's younger sister. Just by that, I could hint at what she was trying to do.

Before I could answer, Jannie snapped back. "If you dare hurt Kelma's feelings again, I will kill you!" She hissed. I was shocked, Jannie didn't usually lash out like this. I huffed out in confusion. I didn't know what to say to her. I turned away and passed towards the road. I'm not sticking around to hear more threats. 

I waited for my car to pull up,  my mind falling into thoughts. 

The crust grass crackled next to me. I turned to see Kelma standing to my left. "You had no right to do what you did to me yesterday," She said, turning away. I remained silent for a long while but turned back at her. "You mean you told Jannie to say those things to me?" I challenged. "So?" Kelma asked. "That's a threat, you know. I would highly suggest not telling people that sort of stuff again. It could get you in big trouble someday," I said, clenching onto my backpack-strap with both hands. Kelma didn't answer, only glared forward. 

Just then, a car pulled over in front of me. I leaned over and opened the door. Without a word, I got in the car and waited for the drive home. 

   I rushed upstairs and crashed on top of my chair. I opened a drawer to my lower right and pulled out a white sheet of paper. I started writing a letter for a while.

A pulling noise made my head turn. My phone rang up a message from Kelma. Oh, right! I forgot about the meeting!

I replied to Kelma's text.

                                                              . . .