Chapter 9 : Just friends

Being in the house with your ex feels very weird but not in the way you maybe thinking.
Taylor and I have known each other for a long time now, so we know and have seen everything that has went on with us. However I feel like something is up with him, I'm not sure if he's hiding something in a good way ( something good). Or is it something bad (bad news), either way he's been acting a little standoffish towards me.

Nikki's out of town for a while so it's only been him and I at the house but it's starting to feel like I'm in the house by myself. I hate feeling alone but at the same time I'm not going to wait for no one that isn't ready for me. I just wish I knew what's going through that head of his. "Brandon come down stairs" I was worried, I didn't know what he's going to say or do so I walked down the stairs slowly.

I stopped at the last step in a gaze as I looked in the living room and saw that he made dinner and it was great. "Did you do all of this by yourself?" He nodded. "Now you and I can have a little one on one time together." We sat down on the couch, he moved closer to me. Then he grabbed my hand " I wanted to say thank you for letting back into the house, I've really missed you like crazy. I know we are still working on us and a maybe us together but I just would like to say I'm glad for now that we are just friends."

It wasn't what I was expecting but I knew his heart was in the right place. After all he knows me and I know that he knew in order for me to understand so I wouldn't get the wrong impression, he had to word things differently then he would on most people.
"I'm glad we are too, I've missed you also and I hope things one day will work out for us and if not we'll at least we temped."

We hugged and ate while watching mtv. I'm so glad we are getting a long since I didn't think we was going to after his little friend girl (Ali) was going to keep him a way from me. At the end of the day we laughed and was happy, that's all that matters right now...