{ch.7} Oh goodness...

I am so excited for Yuxin's variety show Fourtry!!
Rumour has it that Kun will be either an MC or a guest heh c:

Yuxin

"Please stay with me."

I looked at the furry head rested on my shoulder and fought down a chuckle. Even though I knew that something traumatic must have happened for him to react like this, I couldn't help but look adoringly at him.

Thump....thump...thump..thump..

I reached my hand over and gently patted his head, trying my best to calm him down. Slowly, he started to calm his breathing and regain his posture. I observed him while thinking about how I should ask about what happened, without making matters worse.

"Kun... PD," I started.

"Call me Kun. Please," he said, quickly cutting me off.

"Al-alright... Kun," I began again, a little flustered. I began to recall what had just happened between us, while thinking of what I should say next.

"Shh... it's me."

I shivered remembering the feeling of Kun's breath, hissing behind my ear.

"I'm very sorry to disturb you like this," Kun began, bringing me back from my thoughts. "I know that this might sound unbelievable to you, and kind of dumb," he added sheepishly, "but I rushed here because... I... I dreamt of you. And it was a bad dream," he slowly explained with a sigh.

My heart clenched hearing the pain and worry in his voice. I smiled gently at him.

"Don't worry, I'm alright," I said, trying to comfort him. "I'm not hurt, I'm not sick, and I'm going to be just fine," I continued, speaking in a gentle, moderate tone.

"Yuxin," Kun called out, glancing at me with a sudden serious expression. I looked up at him, growing uneasy under his intense gaze.

"There's something that I want to tell you," he started. I noticed a small shake in his voice as he delivered these words. I felt my breath shorten, thinking about what he might want to say.

"I like you."

Kun

Although our surrounding was dim, I saw that Yuxin's face slightly glowed red. I felt my heart skip a beat, seeing her reaction to my words. Suddenly, I saw the look in Yuxin's eyes switch, and her gaze turned dark.

"I'm sorry Kun PD, it's very late. You should head back and get some rest, I'll be going back to my dorm as well," she said in a monotone voice. She kept her head low while saying these words.

I winced hearing the lack of emotion in her voice. I tried my best not to look hurt, but I can't deny that I didn't feel that way. Before I could respond, Yuxin abruptly turned around, refusing to look at me.

"Please return to your room and get some rest. Also, I don't think we should meet like this again so please refrain from texting me, unless absolutely necessary. I don't want anything to be caught on camera and end up affecting one of us negatively," she said. The formality of her words hit me like a punch to the stomach and I subconsciously flinched.

After leaving these devastating words for me, she ran towards her dorm without looking back.

Not even once.

Not even a glance.

I turned around and lifted my head to stop the drops of tears that were threatening to fall.

Was I wrong to come find her?

Does she not like me?

Why did she not even want to hear me finish speaking?