library [Gun] - iii

You peer around curiously as Gun brings the car to park. Now that you can see where he's brought you, you've got a vague idea of what the day's plans are. You're starting to feel a bit embarrassed at how wild your imagination had gotten during the ride.

Thinking things like mom, dad, don't disown me, how embarrassing...

As your hand goes to the door handle, you feel a touch at your elbow.

"You should put these in your bag for now."

You turn to take a look and see that Gun is pressed closer than before, arm braced on the shoulder of your chair. Your eyes follow the line of his forearm, now covered by his sleeve, to his wrist, to his hand, and finally to the papers being held in his fingers.

"Oh my gosh, these are VIP tickets to Notte World!" you cry, shocked at the bold heading on the tickets. In your excitement, you reach out to hold Gun's sleeve and shake his arm lightly, beaming up at him. "Gun-oppa, you're amazing!"

"Oh, so I'm 'oppa' now?"

You pause for a second, feeling your ears threatening to go red. For all that you've never called him that before because of his awkward position as your student, he's still indisputably older than you. In fact, it's only right for you to be calling him this—there's nothing else you can call him without being either weirdly formal or outright rude—but somehow, the smirk on his face makes you feel slightly flustered for having really said it.

Well—well, whatever. You're the one in the right, so there. Hmph.

You put down any misguided feelings of embarrassment and pick up a healthy dosage of shamelessness instead. "Yup," you say, plucking the Notte World tickets from his hand. "With this VIP ticket, you've officially bought yourself a day of being called oppa by a cute girl. Feels good, right?"

You dimple happily at him, sneakily slipping the tickets into your purse.

Gun stares at you for a moment. Then he smiles too, his eyes curving with amusement. His empty hand curls closed but he remains where he is, leaning far closer to you than is absolutely necessary. You're beginning to feel a bit distracted by the smell of his expensive cologne. "It does feel pretty good," he says lowly, without an ounce of sarcasm.

You can feel another blush coming up, this time threatening to paint your entire face red.

So you do the smart thing, and immediately eject yourself from the car before the mood can turn weird.

Gun follows after you, trailing sedately at your heels as you head towards the Notte World entrance with a bit too much zeal. Thanks to the VIP tickets, you two breeze through the lines and straight past the ticket booth. By the time you feel the bright lights of Notte World Theme Park washing over your face, you're so excited you've forgotten all about being flustered.

"Where to first?" Gun asks, standing at your shoulder. It's loud here, so he has to lean down a little to be heard, because he's stupid tall. When he speaks, you can feel his breath stirring the thin, wispy hairs by the side of your face.

You don't mind, though; you're busy bouncing with anticipation. "How about Atlintis—no, the Konquistador—ah, Disco Pow Pow—oh! I know, let's go to the gyro drop!" Destination decided, you're all ready to charge wildly ahead, but you only manage a few steps before you find yourself held in place.

You shoot Gun a puzzled look. He has, for some odd reason, decided to suddenly hold onto your wrist. His grip itself is light, but you get the feeling that breaking away from it would be no easy task.

"Don't run ahead. We'll end up losing each other," he says, extremely reasonable.

Sighing with impatience, you grab Gun's arm with both hands and begin tugging him along with all your might. Unfortunately, you're forced to go much slower than you'd like, because he's too heavy for you to drag anywhere; it seems the only reason you manage to move him at all is because he allows it.