II. Midnight Train

"hey, uh

"hey, uh. if titans become obsolete soon, what will that mean for us?" udo walked over to his friends who were seated on some boxes, watching the ocean waves sway. he juggled with the rock in his hand, "if eldians loose their use, then..." he threw the rock into the ocean, watching it create a plopping effect towards the waters.

faye let out a sigh.

"i was talking to my neighbor the other day..." zofia started, faye wasn't interested so she tuned out the rest of her friends story.

"look..!" falco pointed out to his friends.

"they're enemy soldiers, probably survivors of the pure titan attack. and once they get back home, they'll become living proof oh how inhumane titan warfare is." udo paced around,

"every time this happens, it makes us eldians look more like more like monsters!" he crouched and swung his arms over the shoulders of both gabi and falco.

"good people of the world let us wipe out the subjects of ymir!" he mocked before finding a short pole to let his frustrations out on, repeatedly kicking it. "shit, shit, shit!"

"udo stop. don't hit town property." a familiar masculine voice said. gabi was the first to rise up in excitement, running over to her older cousin.

"reiner! so, you're good to walk again?!" she hugged him. the rest stood behind her, all happy to see their senior.

"yeah, what about you all?" he nodded and smiled. he then called out each of the kids name, giving them a pat on their head while they each responded with a "yeah" or "i guess".

"they're gonna take us back to liberio soon! we should all explore town till then." gabi pulled on reiner, leading him across the road.

"wait—" the older guy protested

"we never get chances like these—"

"mr braun's healing," falco interrupted, everyone turned to look at him, "he prob'ly needs to go back to bed soon."

reiner walked over to the boy and patted his head, reassuring him that he was fine.

"maybe you should go back to bed." gabi crossed her arms faye's giggled softly.

"no! i'm coming with you guys!"

he ran over to his friends.

"wait, commander magath said that place is only for lonely adults." udo pointed to where the three girls were headed towards.

"you sure? 'cause i just saw him go in" zofia said.

"maybe he's a lonely adult too?" faye questioned.

"don't worry too much." gabi shrugged at her friends who were in deep thought about the 'lonely adults only area'.

"wait—!" reiner reached his hand out. "you kids are too young to go in there."