𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐕 • 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥

...

You slowly opened your eyes, getting your consciousness back. You groaned and gently held your head as you sat down. You rubbed your head and looked at your leg. Wait - it was bandaged. Did someone treat it for you? You tried to softly touch the bloody spot, but it only made you grunt in pain. Seems like the bruise hasn't cooled down yet.

It only took you a few minutes to realize. You stopped and widened your eyes. Where are you right now? What happened? You analyzed your surroundings, you were in a big room. It seemed like a bedroom; there was a golden and fancy wardrobe on the wall, a bookcase with some books of different covers and different sizes in it, a big mirror with some fancy patterns for decoration and big windows with golden curtains. You were on the bed. It looked big and fancy, yet it was soft and comfortable. You were probably still in the manor.

You had to admit that the place looked very luxurious. Everything looked very expensive here. You tried to stand up, you first put your sound leg on the ground, then you slowly moved the other treated one, it hurt you a little as you got it on the ground. You took one step and you almost fell, but you held the bed sheets before you did. You took a few more steps as you started to slowly get used to it. You smiled softly as you took more steps without falling, but you eventually did as some seconds have passed. You sighed in frustration and you tried standing up again.

Suddenly you froze in place as you heard footsteps coming towards the door. You glanced at it, now fear consuming your soul. You didn't know what to do at the moment. You mentally begged yourself to do something, but you were too scared to even move a finger. The louder the footsteps are getting, the faster your heart raced. A shiver ran down your spine as you flinched when the person knocked on the door. You didn't know who it was. But you were sure that it might be a threat. A few seconds later, the anonymous person knocked on the door again. "Mistress? Are you awake?" a soft male voice said. You didn't reply, you didn't know what to say. You immediately went back to the bed and sat down. "Mistress, may I come in?" the voice asked again. You had no choice now. You had to answer whoever was behind the door. Giving it permission to get inside is better than it kicking the door. "C-c... Come in..." you stuttered. You tried being loud though, so it could hear you.

The sound of the door knob being turned echoed through the walls of the room as the person slowly opened the door. You were getting more anxious as it slowly revealed itself. After that it had already revealed its full form, You were stunned to see who was standing at the door. It was him. He was tall, golden, wore a red coat and a feather for his hat, with some gemstones for decoration for his aristocratic outfit. It was the statue that brought your attention back then when you he was stunned. You finally saw his face; diamond-shaped with attractive features. He had a soft smile on his face to your surprise. You didn't know why. Is he planning to do something bad to you? Is he going to kill you?

"Oh - greetings, mistress. I apologize if I frightened you." he politely apologized. You speechlessly looked at him, still scared of him and his intentions. You tried to avoid eye contact as you replied. "I-it's fine.." you murmured. He got closer to you as you heard his footsteps, getting even more scared. "Your leg was injured back then when you fell from the stairs and it was bleeding badly, so I treated it for you. I hope it's better now." he gently said as he looked down at you, still holding the friendly smile on his face. Is he really nice? Is he still a threat? Should you trust him? Why in the world would he treat your wounds instead of killing you? You just looked at your leg, it still looked bad but you could say that it's better than that time when you fell from stairs. You were running away from a bunch of frenzied statues and Malak at that time. "Y-yeah, I-I guess it's better now... Thank y-you for treating b-by the way.." You said as you tried to smile. You tried to get along with his friendliness. "It's no problem, mistress." he gladly replied. Then he realized. "Oh! How rude of me! I didn't introduce myself. My name is Bertrum. What's yours, miss?" he introduced politely. Bertrum? You've never heard of this name before, but It sounds like it'was German or Polish. You looked at him once again. You swallowed, trying to find the good words to say. "Y-Y/n.. My name is Y/N. Nice to meet you, Mr. Bertrum." you tried to smile politely but you ended up making an awkward one, you immediately looked away. Bertrum appreciated your effort on being polite, he understood that you weren't ready to encounter a situation like this. "Here, let me help you stand up. You'll meet the others." he offered you his hand. You looked at it and you slowly moved your hand to take his. He gently helped you stand on your feet, you flinched at the little pain in your leg but you could finally stand without any issues.