Chapter 2

A/N I actually LOVE Hot Topic. ^.^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I turned up my nose as Amanda dragged me into Hot Topic. I despised this store. I flinched as I heard a screamo song being played. "Do I have to?" I whined.

"Absolutely! Come on! Oliver gave me money to spend on you." She said grabbing my hand and dragging me to a shelf full of colorful hair dye.

"Oi! Hell no!" I yelled in protest. The person behind the counter waved and said hi. I feebly smiled back. "Why do you do this to me?" I asked Amanda. She grinned.

"Cause you're so pretty and nice." Awe shit. I'm a sucker for flattering. I rolled my eyes. She pulled out two bottles. "Pink, blue and purple. Perfect!" I groaned. "Now we just need black," she said, "we'll get professional dye for that." I sighed in defeat. She grabbed my hand once again, smiling, and pulled me over to the wall of shirts. "What size are you?" she asked.

"Extra small." I said. She grinned and pulled out about ten shirts. Then she dragged me to the jeans rack. She looked at my ass for a second. She then turned around and pulled out a bunch of skinny jeans. Some were neon, some were ripped, some had weird designs. She then scurried off to the makeup shelf and grabbed a ton of different colors of eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. About this time I realized none of my friends will be able to recognize me after this makeover. She then grabbed a couple corsets and headed to the check out. The cashier looked overwhelmed.

"All this?" He said. I nodded. He was kind of cute for an emo guy. He had black hair, snakebites and his skin was an ivory color. "Awful lot for a pretty lass like you. And from the looks of it, you're joining the ranks of us 'scene' kids huh?" He said smiling. I blushed and nodded. After Amanda paid for it, she gave me a knowing smile.

"I'm going to go find that hair dye. I'll be right back." She said as she left hurriedly. I smiled awkwardly at the boy.

"Odd ball isn't she? She looks familiar." The boy said.

"She's my brother's girlfriend." I said laughing.

"I'm Cody. Cody Wilkins." He said smiling. I looked around the empty store.

"I'm Savannah. Savannah Sykes." I said my last name hesitantly.

"Savannah... Sykes. Sykes as in Oliver Sykes?" He asked, his eyes wide.

"Exactly. And the girl you recognized is his girlfriend, Amanda." I said sighing. I wasn't used to people knowing who my brother was. But in this community everyone who's anyone knows him. I needed to get used to the fame.

"Oh cool. So you're his sister?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"You don't strike me as someone who would be his sister." he chuckled.

"I'm his twin sister actually." I laughed.

"Holy fuck! Well then I apologize." He grinned. Another customer walked up behind me and she smiled flirtaciously at Cody. He looked at her and rolled his eyes. "Well here's for keeping it real." He took out a purple sharpie and wrote some digits on my hand which was resting on the counter top. "Call me. I have to go back to work." He winked at me and turned to the girl. I turned around blushing. I had a gut feeling he was the least psychotic fan I would ever meet, therefore he was worth it. Amanda walked into Hot Topic, a Target bag in her hand.

"I got the dye." She said. She looked at my face. "You look happy." she said grinning. I nodded and took out my phone. I quickly put in Cody's contact.

"I made a really cute friend. What can I say?" I said grinning.

"Come on let's give you a new look." Amanda said. We walked out of the mall hand in hand. Amanda isn't so bad now that I've gotten to know her. I thought. As we drove home we listened to blessthefall, which was one screamo band I could stand.