narration

Bright's POV

I laid on my bed with my sweatpants on. I pouted as I debated on what to do while I waited for Jen (my girlfriend) to get back. She had insisted on getting takeout on her way back. I told her that I would cook but she was craving.

Before I could pick up my phone to call her, I heard the front door swing open. She burst into the condo with bags and bags of groceries and food. I instantly got up to help her with all of this. She thanked me as I grabbed the bags from her and set them down on the kitchen counter.

"Hi," she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello there," I smiled. "You bought a lot huh?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't resist buying a little extra," she laughed as she began to put the stuff away.

I hugged her from behind, wrapping my arms around her waist. She giggled and put some ice cream in the freezer. She rubbed my head and I instantly felt odd. It reminded me of Win...

Ugh. Stop it, Bright.

I smiled as she turned to face me. "Oh yeah, I got your phone fixed," she pulled a phone out of her back pocket and handed it to me. I had broken it a few months back and I never had the thought of repairing it.

"Oh? Thank you," I took the phone back from her.

I shrunk away from her and trudged to the bedroom. My eyes attempted to shut as I laid back down but I stopped them. My old phone sat in my hands. I sighed and turned it on. It took a few seconds but the screen lit up. My old lockscreen was still there. It was a photo of Win and I.

I smiled and admired the photo.

My thoughts were inturrupted as a notification popped up on my screen. It started with one, but more kept coming. They were messages.

Win  🐰

Win: Guess you changed you number huh?

Win: I'm sorry I never told you earlier. I never had the guts to say anything.

Win: It hurts.