London Baby!!

After speaking with Conner, Jessica walked over to her car.

When she got in she slammed the door and groaned.

"What's wrong?" Idris asks.

"My back hurts."

Idris turns to her and Jessica pauses for a moment.

"What? Drive!"

"What did he say?"

Jessica sighs.
"I just don't understand his sudden concern about Hank! I know that's his father, but it's such a slap in the face since Hank has done shit for him! I raised those boys alone! Now he's siding with him! He thinks the baby should see him IF the baby is his!"

"Why would he want you to send him over there knowing he's abusive?"

"I don't fucking know! I told him to worry about his son and I will worry about mine!  I'm so tired of it!"

Idris places his hand on her belly.
"I'm sorry, baby.  Let's just enjoy this pregnancy and not worry about all that.  Let's enjoy this belly while it's here." He says lightly scratching her bump.

"That's all I want.  This is our first pregnancy together.. also our last, don't get it twisted." Jessica looks over to Idris making him laugh.

"I love you, Jessie bear."

"I love you too, Iddy." Jessica smiles as Idris reaches over to kiss her.

***

One week later.

"Hey, do I look cute, babe?" Jessica walks into his office.  She was wearing one of his tshirts.

"Hey baby." Idris smiles softly.  "You look beautiful."

"Thanks!  I'm wearing your underwear too." Jessica lifts her shirt above her belly.

"Oh look at that." Idris chuckles.  He then places his hands on her belly.

Idris places two kisses on her bump, then lays his head on it.

"What's wrong, baby?" Jessica rubs her hand on his head.

"My father just called.."

"Is everything okay?"

"My mum had a stroke."

"Oh no!  Is she okay?!"

"She's stable but.. I don't know, it's a stroke!  That's never good."

"Are you gonna go see her?"

"Yeah.. I just hate leaving you."

"I'm going with you."

"Sweetie, I would love that, but I don't know if you going to London is the best idea right now."

"Why?  I'm only twenty four weeks!  Don't let the belly fool you, love!  I've still got a long way to go!"

"Are you sure?  That's a long flight."

"It's okay.  I want to be there for you."

Idris guides her onto his lap and kisses her cheek, while wrapping his arms around her.
"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Thank you for wanting to come."

"Baby boy!" Jessica grabs his cheeks in her palms. "I'm your girl!  I want to be there for support.  You can't go all alone.  Besides, your family is my family now, right?
.. Or is it too soon to say that and I just scared you?"