3

A few months passed and Oikawa and Hinata had become closer. Well they met up once or twice when Kageyama missed practice.

Oikawa was infatuated with the younger boy. He was energetic, kind, determined, and cute as ever.

Hinata was confused with the older boy. He was interesting. He was an enemy of Kageyama but a friend to him. Of course the rest of Karasuno didn't know they had practiced together. And no one absolutely no one knew that there were text messages non-volleyball related sent between the two.

Great king: wanna meet up later sho-chan?

Shrimpy: sure! wanna work on receives?

Great king: I was thinking we could do something other than practice

Hinata's heart rate increased immediately. Although he tried to ignore it he would be lying if he didn't find the great king attractive and quite captivating.

Shrimpy: Why?

Great king: I have a question for you...

Shrimpy: Alright where are we meeting oh great king

Great king: How about my castle oh humble servant

The orange haired boy's heart rate picked up significantly. What did he want? He didn't want to be a burden? And oh god what if kageyama found out? What if all of Karasuno found out? What would Daichi do to him? He gets scary when he's mad. But he's friends with Kenma and no one cares... yeah this is okay. It's like if he hung out with kenma.

"Why is my heart beating like ba-dump ba-dump" he mumbled to himself.

Shrimpy: Will the king and queen's parents be home or just the heir to the throne

Oikawa chuckled at the name of him being the "heir to the throne". Hinata had some dumb nicknames, but Oikawa found them endearing. He shook his head. We can't date unless he's on Aoba Johsai. Coach Irihata and the rest of the team would kill me.

Grand king: Only the heir and soon my humble servant

Shrimpy: Okay yeah I'll come over

Shrimpy: Send me the location and i'm on my way

Grand king: LOCATION SENT

The doorbell rang and Oikawa jumped out of his chair. Nervous was an understatement. He wasn't sure how Hinata would take the question. He didn't want the younger boy to hate him or be mad. He took a breath and calmed himself down before opening the door to find a very sweaty hinata.

"Why on earth do you look like that Sho-chan?"

"I biked here. And I don't look bad I'm just hot lemme inside so I can have some air conditioninggggg"

"No way are you sitting on my furniture in that condition. Come in and I'll give you a set of my clothes."

Hinata blushed immensely "Oikawa those will be way to big"

"If you don't wear them I am not letting you in my house Sho-chan."

"Fine. But can I put my clothes in the washer at least." Oikawa shrugged and let the sweat drenched boy into his house eyeing him to make sure he didn't touch anything. If there was sweat stains found his parents would go ballistic and he did not need that.

The two boys arrived to Oikawa's room where he smugly handed Hinata a turquoise shirt with black lettering. Clearly a Seijoh volleyball shirt. Hinata glared before peeling his own shirt off and throwing it at Oikawa. Who simply took that (and the now removed shorts) and went down the hall to put them in the washer while Hinata changed.

When Oikawa arrived back at his room he paused, staring. Hinata was sitting on his bed criss cross style staring at his phone, but Oikawa's shirt was so big that it was hanging off one shoulder with his collar bone showing. Oikawa wasn't sure how a collarbone was attractive but it sure was. Somehow the oversized shirt made hinata's small figure appear even smaller and Oikawa was breathless.

Hinata's gaze was pulled from his phone as he noticed the brunette standing in the doorway.

"So Oikawa what did you want want to talk about?!"

"You know you can call me Toru, right?" Oikawa sat down on his bed next to Hinata and ruffled his hair. The younger boy leaned into the touch slightly before realizing his actions and pulling away leaving noticeable room between the two.

"Okay. Toru what did you wanna talk about?" Oikawa swore he felt his heart beat race at his first name, but he ignored it.

"Hinata please don't take this the wrong way." Oikawa cursed himself for starting his question that way. That was not how this was supposed to go. He gazed at Hinata and the boy appeared frightened like he had done something wrong.

"I promise this is nothing bad. Just... I want you to transfer to Seijoh." Hinata stared at Oikawa asking him if he was serious and a look was returned that told Hinata he was. Then and only then did he burst out laughing.

"Alright Oikawa what's the real question."

"That is the question. You should've come to Shitatori- wait no Seijoh you should come to Seijoh. You're a great player and sure Karasuno has some great players too, but with me there they don't even rival ours. Your spikes and stamina plus my sets we would be unstoppable."

"Oikawa it's like really cool that you think this highly of me and my ability, but I can't just leave Karasuno like that. But I really wanna keep being friends you're like super awesome and when I'm around you my heart goes KABOOM and just it's fun." Oikawa could feel his ears turn a hue of red and he reached up in order to hide them.

"I get your feelings towards Karasuno, but just think about it would you? Give me this at least. If we win the next match you give me an answer. If we don't win I will never ask again. It doesn't have to be a yes but just please think on it sho-chan. And even if your answer is no which if you were playing with me I couldn't understand why you would say no. I will still be your friend of course. Who else would be my humble servant." Hinata giggled and wrapped Oikawa in a hug.

"Alright fine. If you win the next match I'll give you an answer. I can guarantee that it won't change so don't get your hopes up. Plus I'm not that good at academics so I doubt I could even test into the school."

"I'll tutor you. Come over once or twice or however many times a week before practice after practice and I'll tutor you. That way we can see each other more often, you'll improve your grades, and if your answer does change you'll make it in!"

"Well I guess that's better than Tsukishima tutoring me... okay sure! Thanks Toru."

The hug had ended long ago but Oikawa could still feel the warmth of Hinata's arms wrapped around him from the time they turned on Frozen to when Hinata's clothes were dry and he biked home.

Oikawa was determined for Hinata to come to Aoba Johsai. He wanted to get to know this boy a lot more but that could never happen if they were in this situation. The rest of the Seijoh volleyball team would loose all trust in Oikawa and as a setter trust is the most important among your team.