Through the trees

"Where is he...?" You think to yourself, staring down anxiously at your phone. Bugs promised to be in the park by 4. You check to your left, then your right, only to find you're still alone. Sighing, you put your phone back in your pocket.
     "What's up, doc?" A familiar voice chirps out behind you. You spin around excitedly.
     "Bugs!" You exclaim, a wide smile overtaking your face like a horde of pigs raiding a carrot farm. He smiles back at you, exposing his pearly whites. Damn, imagine all the things that mouth could do...
     You snap back into reality.
     "So, ehm... Not that I'm excited to see you or anything, but how are you?" Now suppressing your smile, you look down at him. This hoe tiny.
     "Mm.. Could be better. Et toi?" He smirks. He knows what you really mean. Just like the government. Sneaky bastards...
     "P-Pretty good!" Better now that you're with him... You always get a bit flustered when he speaks French. The little accent he uses is adorable. "Anyways... We should check out the park. I didn't just come here to see you."
     "But you admit that I'm one of the reasons?" He cocks his head slightly.
     "N-No!! I didn't mean it like that, I-"
Bugs cuts you off with his own laugher.
     "It's okay, I'm just messing with you... Let's go, we have some time to kill anyways."
He starts walking along, and you follow suit. Together you see rows of flowers, ranging from red to purple, and every type that wouldn't immediately die in this environment. The sun begins to set. Bugs looks up, and starts walking off the trail.
     "Uhh... Bugs? Where the hell are you going?"
He motions for you to follow him, so you do. He leads you up through a group of trees, and onto a cliff by the coast. The sunset reflects beautifully off the water's surface, painting the sky and ocean every shade of pink. Completely focused on the scenery, you lose focus on everything else around you. A few birds speckle the painted sky, their reflection dancing below.      ‎      You almost didn't notice him wrapping his arm around your shoulder. You blush, not expecting the sudden contact.

(i'm pretty sure there's a demon in my room right now but honestly i'm just more insulted it won't just say hi instead of running around like a flaky bastard)

He gazes off into the sunset, admiring its beauty. Bitch, you're the cute thing here. You grab the side of his face and turn him to you, just so he knows.
     "... Gosh, you're beautiful." He whispers, pushing a piece of hair behind your ear. You blush, again, since you didn't actually expect him to notice how damn cute you are. He puts a strong hand on your thigh, and stares passionately into your eyes.
     "I know this might sound crazy, but... I think I'm in love with you." You sit there, wide-eyed and red-faced, staring slightly down at him.
     "I... I think you're crazy!" You stutter over your words. "...But... I think I might maybe l...like you too..." You take your hand off his face and turn away out of embarrassment. He turns your face back towards him.
     "You know, you're cute when you blush." He smiles, gently caressing the side of your face. You hold his wrist, not wanting him to let go. Time freezes as you two forget your worries, only caring about being next to each other. The sun sets, and Bugs gets up. He pulls you up as well, still smiling as he does so.
"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks sheepishly. You nod, still slightly red. You both walk out of the park, and go home thinking of each other.

(before anyone asks, yes i hate myself for writing this, but it was entirely inspired by a photo i saw in a meme and i thought "lmao bugs bunny puts his hand on your thigh and stares passionately into your eyes" and then "oh shit waddap i'm gonna write that" so here we are, and if you don't like it sue me)