Ch 3. Getting Directions + A Lake Monster?

Realizing they've been on the road for a while Daphne spoke up and asked, "Hey Fred, where were those directions I sent you to print out?"

"Don't worry, we're not lost." Even though Fred said that confidently his facial expression says otherwise.

(90 minutes later...)

"Fred, like can't you admit we're lost?" Shaggy asked.

"Guys we're not." Fred exclaimed.

"Strange, because this doesn't look like my uncle's country club." Daphne stated, passing through some sort of boat harbor.

"Hey look, it's the S.S Daphne." Shaggy said as they passed a purple boat.

"Ha...Ha😑" Daphne said, not enthusiastic.

"Can we at least stop somewhere to ask for directions?" Daphne asked

"Sure thing." Fred answered while he pulled up to a general store called 'Trowburgs'.

Once getting out of the van, Velma was the only one who stayed outside the store checking out some of the pamphlets, while everyone else went inside to ask for directions to the country club.

"Hello...is anyone home?" Fred asked aloud.

"Like okay, maybe that's what the store owner looks like," Shaggy said pointing to a picture of an elderly woman. Then that same woman appeared.

"Zoinks!" Shaggy said as she startled him.

"You kids are going to the Country Club?" she asked.

"Yes, we have jobs there."

"No, you must turn back, leave now."

"Leave, why would we leave?"

"They were fools to build there, I tried to warn them but they thought I was a crazy hag."

"You...no" Shaggy replied nervously.

"But mark my word, The Lake Monster will return, The Lake Monster will return."

(Sorry for the chapter short and delays school work.)