Epilouge

A vine grows around the gravestone and twists it's self up. There is a pretty flower at the top. I read the grave stone now that it is visible.

"Fiona Mackenzie... Born: October 24th 1984. Died: July 19th 2009. Taken early by illness..."

I kneel down in front of it. "Oh Fio..."

I hear Fio. It's her ghost. It's just a hallucination but I hear her say "Deep down you knew."

"I didn't want it to be true..." I begin to cry for real this time. "I didn't want to spend the rest of my life without you."

"Life goes on, Amber" Fio tells me.

"No! Not for me!" I say. I stand up

"I need you! I can't stand it!" I cry.

"There is no me without you!" I cry a bit harder.

"Do you remember when we were kids, You used to bring your nightlight everytime you slept over. It was yellow and.. In the shape of.. Something." Fio says.

"A star.." I remind her.

"It used to light up the room so beautifully... We'd just stare at the patterns it it made on the ceiling for hours and pretend it was magic." She remembers.

"I was so afraid of the dark..." I laugh a bit. "Of being alone..."

"Amber..." Fio looks at me "Your nightlight is gone."

"No!" I cry. "But you won't be in the dark forever." She comforts me. "The sun will come up."

"It just hurts so much..." I tell her. "The wounds will heal." She continues.

"I'll never forget you Fio!" I cry harder. "Never! I'll remember everything we shared and hold it so tight. I'll tell everyone what you meant to me and cry everytime. I'll never forget what we had..." I say crying harder. "I'll never forget"

"Will I ever see you again?" I ask Fio.

"I don't know..." She pauses. "How tightly can you close your eyes?" She asks me, as I close my eyes, I feel her leaving my side.