No Escape

After the big 'misunderstanding' they wanted to send me to an institution seeming the only words I said were, "why did momma paint all over everything?" But I just so happened to have a distant aunt, who was close to both of my parents, that was a physciatrist and willing to take me in. I was grateful! But it turned out she just wanted the money and publicity so I ended up like Harry Potter under the stairs except I got the basement.

"Happy birthday to meeee," I sang to myself. I am turning 18 and can finally leave this hellhole. I zipped up the last of my clothes before turning out the light like I was blowing out a candle on my non-existant birthday cake. It was midnight so Aunt Katie was fast asleep. I crept up the stairs bag in hand and slowly opened the door. I turned off the stair light and walked out into the kitchen. I grabbed my other, empty, bag and filled it with canned food and snacks. I grabbed a couple pieces of silverware also. Lastly I dug into the  cookie jar. I felt around for the bottom and then pushed hard. It broke and my fingers felt paper. I felt around more and also felt a key chain. I grabbed it all and ran out the door not caring about the noise. I just wanted out.

I ran to the garage I had prepared and opened it, throwing the door open. I uncovered my junkey car and threw my bag in the passenger side and sat in the drivers seat. I took a deep breath and drove off, never to be seen again.

******3 months later*******

The scene was horrific. We charged into the house hearing the screams from the outside. I had my gun raised and was ready to shoot when I kicked down the door to a bedroom. There was blood everywhere.  A teenager stood by the side of the bed with a raised knife. 

"Drop your weapon!" I yelled horrified. The young man turned around to show a confused, blood speckled face. He dropped the knife like it was on fire.

"Put your hands up!" I demanded. He did as he was told and raised his arms. A single tear fell down his pale face and splashed into the blood puddle at his feet. I ran up to him and got out my hand cuffs.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney in an interrogation; if you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed for you." More police barged into the room to collect the body and evidence. I escorted the criminal to the car roughly and threw him in the backseat. Damn murderers.