Chapter 2

"Okay..." I was taken aback by how straight forward Niall was being. Why would anyone want to know anything about me? "Well, what do you want to know?" I asked, because, quite frankly, if it were up to me, I would have no idea where to start.

"Um, how about, uh. Wow. I didn't think about that. How about, like, the basics?" Niall shifted nervously on the couch.

"The basics?" I asked, confused. "What are the basics?"

"You know, the basics. Just tell me a little about you." Niall moved forward in his seat, his gaze moving slowly upward from the floor to meet mine with an expectant look in his eyes.

"Well, my name is Violet, as you already know. I'm seventeen, uh, I go to Central High School. I'll be starting my senior year this Monday, which is the start of the school year. Uh, anything else?" I didn't really know how to do this kind of thing. The only other times I had to describe myself or explain anything about me was for either a college or job application. And I'm a lot better on paper, plus I had more than two seconds to think of what I wanted to say.

"That was a goo start." Niall began. I didn't let him finish what it looked like he had to say.

"Hey, hey. Wait a sec, I told you a little about me, now I want to know a little about you, Mr. Irish." I was nervous, but I wanted to know where he was from and why he was here, in just about the smallest town in north Florida, because this is a town where the only people who move in are old people and creeps. But, more than anything, I just wanted to hear that thick Irish accent talk for forever.

"As you already know, me name is Niall, I'm seventeen as well, and this Monday I will be starting my senior uear at Central High School." I was shocked, but at the same time I was really excited.

"Wow! That's so cool. Um, so what brought you here; I mean why are you in an itty bitty town in north Florida?" It was the big question on my mind and I just couldn't wait to know the answer.

"Well, me mum and dad just went through a messy divorce, so me dad and I moved from Ireland to here because He has some family here. We moved to be closer to them. Nothing special." His expression turned from a cute little smile into somewhat of a frown. I had no idea that's the reason.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. You know, I actually don't get why people say that. They say 'I'm sorry,' when someone tells them that they lost a loved one or something bad like andivorce happened. Even when we had nothing to do with what happened and we couldn't stop or control what happened. We still can't help but say 'I'm sorry.' It's just a stupid human instinct I guess. Humans tend to do a lot of weird things and... I'm babbling aren't I?"

God, I always do that, babble on and on about stupid things in front of mostly people I want to impress, or at least not completely embarrass myself in front of. He looked down at the floor and let his eyes flicker up to meet mine.

"You know, I didn't mind. It was actually kinda adorable, watching you talk about something that in depth, even if it was a little silly."

Geez, could he get any cuter?