Win

"Hia, look!", I look at the only person, aside from my little brother, that calls me Hia. We're at the Christmas lights on campus and Team looks around excitedly, mostly at the food. He's pointing at the delicious foods right now as he's calling me. I just sigh and ask the student selling the food for the price and pay.

"Here...", I give him the food. "You eat too much". I only say it to tease him. Team is a very active person and he eats to keep up his energy. He's one of our lead swimmers at the swimming club and he's also an ace in basketball. I have to drag him off the basketball court sometimes when he's trying to avoid me. I just watch him chew, his round cheeks moving as he chews. He looks so cute while he's eating, and I suddenly remember the last time our group of friends went out to eat and Team mentioned the red thread. I get an idea, so I tell Team to keep eating while I quickly go buy something at the stalls. I know exactly where to look because I helped arrange that stall earlier today. I buy what I need and quickly return to Team. When I get back to him, I see that he found a place to sit and was fully enjoying the food.

"Do you remember the last time you mentioned the tradition of the red thread while our group was eating out?", I ask him almost as soon as I sit down. He pauses from eating trying to remember what I was talking about. When he does remember he just nods his head and looks at me, waiting for me to continue.

"So... Do you know the tradition of Christmas?", I ask him and again he just shakes his head indicating that he doesn't know but he's too busy chewing the last of his food to give a proper reply.

"Well, it is said that if a couple kisses under a mistletoe on Christmas, they will have a long-lasting love". Team looks at me as I say this, those puppy eyes of his huge as he asks me where we can find mistletoe. I smile broadly as I take out the mistletoe I went to buy earlier and hold it above our heads.

" Here... Are you brave enough? ", I say to him and pluck my lips out for him to kiss me. His eyes grow even wider as he looks at me. We're in public but we're sitting at a remote place where we've only seen a couple of people walk past so far. Team looks around just to make sure that no one is watching us and then quickly pecks me on the lips. He turns red almost instantly and gets up to walk away.

"I've been sitting long enough. I want to walk now," he says as explanation for getting up. I just smile at him and put the mistletoe back in my bag. Team has started to walk away while I walk behind him slowly. I can't help but smile as I'm wondering how one person can be so freaking cute.