Chapter 3

Chapter 14

James looked straight through me and as the comments and low murmurs grew louder and more absurd, I could see the shift in him. The tight clenching in his jaw, the narrowing of his eyes; he squeezed them just a fraction. His fingers closed near my head, as he knelt, straddling me and sat up on his knees. His gaze moving from me to Coby and Rosemary, Coby questioning Rose whether she knew. James's focus moved to the other bartenders one at a time. Corin stared at the pair of us, hurt and shock clear on her face.

With each new face, James's disposition grew colder; his eyes no longer full with lust, but assessing. I can practically see the thoughts processing in his mind. He hears what I hear, the sounds of shock and disbelief. I watch as his eyes move straight to Alison and see her head drop in shame.

Following his gaze, his eyes land on Edward and don't move. I feel his body tensing around me and his breathing changing.

"No wonder you would never go out with anyone, and I thought you were just frigid, if you weren't married you so would have slept with me, I get it now." Edward called out loud enough for half the bar to hear.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to kill Edward or thank him. James uttered this guttural sound that can be described as nothing short of a growl and then extended his hand to help me up and lifted me off the bar. Not letting go of his hand, I led him straight to the office and locked the door behind us.

Immediately I was pressed against the door, Jamrs's lips at my ear, his hands pinning me. "Why does nobody seem to know that you are married Mika?"

I could hear the faint sound of the music starting once again and Coby's booming voice "Shows over folks, who's drinking?"

My mind racing, my body quivering, my words came out between bated breaths, nearly incoherent. "Please, James, I can explain."

"Did you move on mika is that it? Am I too late?" he asks without letting me reply. His lips kiss along my neck, over my throat. I am gasping, unable to move.

"No... Never." I manage to squeak out, my breath hitching.

"Edward?" Moist lips kiss at the base on my neck, his tongue dipping into the little hollow there.

"...is a jackass. Period." My head tilts back my chest heaving now.

"Good, then you won't mind when I kick his ass." His tongue slides down the deep V of my shirt. My back arches hard off the door.

"Oh God, James." My body trembling in need, a delicious yet wicked fire burns deep in my core, spreading heat throughout my body.

His hands slide down my sides, lifting the shirt over my head, and dropping it to the floor. The feel of the rising heat envelopes me as my breast is sucked into his mouth, straight through the lace of my bra. The sensation of his hips pressing against me drives me crazy.

Panting now, I whisper his name over and over, "James, oh James, are you really here, are you really home with me? James...."

His body, flush against mine, he lowers himself, pushing the bra away, my breasts spilling over the cups, his tongue flicking against the hardened nipples. My legs attempt to rub together. Jasper's hand reaches down, between them, forcing them apart. I can feel his knee wedge between my thighs, spreading my legs wider.

The attention lavishing on each breast, caressing, and squeezing, licking and sucking, biting and tugging, has me moaning out in pleasure. I can feel the pit of my stomach clenching and tightening.

"James, oh god, I, oh feels so good." Wriggling trying to free my pinned arms, needing to touch him, to feel him. He looks up and growls, "No, not yet, you are mine."