Background and Some Notes

This section is for:

*Newcomers who are unaware of what Fortnite is

*Specifying some changes I made to the lore to better fit my story (ex: made story characters able to remember).

Fortnite is a game in which players play one round to become the winner. At the same time, there's a storm that slowly closes in as time passes within the round. The person/people on the same team that are the sole survivors at the end of the round are winners. Players also have a natural desire to become number one and defeat others. However, despite being eliminated in the first round, players are able to play rounds after rounds because they are reborn again and again. This is because they are actually part of a looping simulation created by Jonesy, a worker at an organization that created the simulation game.

Besides gameplay, Fortnite has some storyline to it. For my story, I will be altering the Fortnite lore as follows. Since the players are in a game, everytime they are reborn, they forget their old memories of their gameplay and of people dying since they aren't part of the story. They forget about the storm and have no idea that they are in a looped simulation. While Jonesy has control of the players' memories, he has no control over their actions and feelings. Also, Jonesy cannot wipe the memories of characters that are related to the game's storyline, such as Midas and Jules. These characters are able to remember and can create their own stories within the simulation. They can also feel and act however they want.

(Cover picture credits to Flower.Bomb.V)