Lexi's Short Story

MY ALARM CLOCK BEEPS and I groan and pull the covers over my head. I still can't escape the annoying beeping though, and I give in and exit my blankets. I hit the stop button on the clock and then remember that it's my birthday today. I jump out of bed and get ready, changing into my best clothes since I'm having a birthday party in a few hours. Then I remember that its a pool party, so I change out of my clothes, put on my new bikini, and put on my best cover up.

I exit my bedroom and walk into the kitchen where my whole family is waiting for me with a big box in their hands. "Happy birthday!" They cheer and I can't help but smile. I know that I won't get the gift until later.

"The present can't stay in the box all day, so you can open it right now!" Mom says and I take the box from her. Something inside shuffles, and I look at it, confused.

"Here, open this bag first," says my dad and shoves a back into my arms. I look inside and my heart stops.

Two dog bowls, a leash, a collar, a dog bed, a few chew toys and bones, and a bag of treats. I drop the bag in shock, and quickly take off the lid of the large purple box with the blue bow on it.

A puppy jumps out of the box and into my arms, and starts licking my face. It's my dream dog: a Teacup Yorkshire Terrier.

"What're you going to name her?" Mom asks.

"Lola. Her name is Lola." I said and cuddled my new puppy.