Chapter 1 ~ Me and my Family

TRIS' POV

I wake up to my brother, Alex, pounding on the door.

"Tris! Wake up!" he yells.

I groan, "I'm up, I'm up!" I yell back.

The pounding finally stops.

Oh, wait! I forgot to introduce myself.

'O Tris ko'u inoa.

'My name is Tris'. I am about 75% hawaiian and a bunch of other stuff I don't remember. I am 16 years old and have 2 other siblings, which to remind you, are both boys. Alex is my twin and beat me by 5 minutes. Caleb is our older brother, he's 17 and he's a senior while me and Alex are juniors. I have grey eyes with blue specks here and there. I have dirty blonde hair with an ombré vibe to it. I have muscle, but not to much muscle. I do have a six-pack though.

We have lived on Maui for as long as I can remember. I am a world known surfer and athlete. I love to surf, but put me to the test in an indoor sport, you'll probably end up going to the nurse's office, let me tell you that.

Once, in 5th grade, this boy just kept blabbing and blabbing about how he thought he could beat me in soccer. So, I thunder-clapped him. Thunder-clap meaning I cupped my hands and clapped his ears. He started crying and I was like, "come on, you were just blabbing about how you could beat me, and now you're crying. Man up." At the time, we were waiting for our teacher to get back since lunch recess had finished and our teacher was late so we were all in line. Everybody started to laugh at my comment and my teacher saw the whole thing apparently, so I got suspended for 2 weeks, which was completely fine with me.

So, yeah.

And that's me.

My twin brother, Alex. Well, there's not really anything to tell about him. He has green eyes. He has a built body and a butt load of muscle. We do everything together, we surf, we play baseball. When I say everything, I mean everything. He has darker skin then mine but not by a lot. Our birthday is on December 25. I know, weird right? His main sport is baseball but he plays other sports like football and basketball.

And that's him.

Then there's our older brother, Caleb. He's a total nerd, or geek. I don't get the difference. Nor do I care to learn the difference. He has brown eyes, he has no muscle what so ever. He's like the total oppisite of me and Alex. He always has his nose up some book. He's birthday is on May 24, but whatever. He has always been our parents' favorite. Our parents don't care what me and Alex do, they only care about Caleb, but we don't care.

That's him.

Mom, she is always kind and selfless and puts everything down to help someone, even if it's the smallest thing, she'll help. She's a famous fashion designer and she writes songs for the famous singers that exist in the world. She has pale green eyes, and has a peitite figure.

That's basically it.

Dad, our should I say monster. He abuses me and Alex physically, mentally, and emotionally. But, he abuses us physically only when mom's not home. He never lays a finger on Caleb. See what I mean by favorite. Mom is 30 and 'Dad' is 34.

And that's the monster for ya.

And that's our family.

•••

that's the first for yah pansycakes.

stay undefined

-divergentfeels <4