three

hendery xiaojun

"hey.. are you okay? you seem to be quite lonely on your own."

the boy quickly turned his head and was met with another.

"oh.. i'm okay don't worry about me. no one does." the boy says, as if he's 'stating the obvious.' he then turned his head back around.

"nono of course people worry and care for you." hendery replied, a sense of reassurance in his voice.

not bothering to face the other, the boy's words came out cold. "you sure? my friends. they left me here on my own because they care? i don't think so. they think i'm useless. they say i'm a waste of space, that i slow them down."

hendery frowned at the other boy's words. he doesn't deserve that he thought.

"i don't know you but i know that you aren't a waste of space at all! and don't worry i'll care for you if they won't." more reassurance in hendery's voice, he wanted the boy to know that he was worth someone else's time.

a reply was soon heard, "that's what they all say."

at this, hendery sighed. that must be a lie, this boy's friends must care a little. he's sure of it.

a silence was upon them for a while. nothing but the rustling trees could be heard. hendery was sat, thinking of the ways he could talk to him.