Chapter 8

You wake up slowly, feeling rested and not knowing how long you've slept. you try sitting up but you just realize that chara is cuddling you. "Good god... she really is a cuddler..." you somehow maneuver your way out of her grips and into the bathroom to take a shower.

-----------time skip to after shower-----------

You come out of the shower, drying off your hair, and drying yourself. you throw on some clean clothes, (details will not be shown :p) and come out of the bathroom, just to see chara fall flat on her face when opening the door. was she listening to you shower or something?? "...um... g-good morning..?" chara nervously looks up at you and smiles. "Good morning to you too." you say, returning the smile back. "Mind explaining what you were doing?" you question chara while helping her off the floor. she stays silent for a while, not even looking you in the eye. "W-well..." chara mutters, breaking the silence that's been in the air for a while. "Um.. yeah...! i-i was just... listening... yeah... not like there's a little hole there or anything...!" she laughs nervously and rushes into the bathroom, closing the door quickly and locking it. "..... okay then..." you shake that off and start putting on your socks and shoes, but then realize- "Wait a minute, Hole??" you look back at the bathroom door and realize that there really is a hole, but it's not that big so at first it's barely even recognizable. you stare at it for a couple seconds, trying to figure out how you didn't realize it when you were going in.

you once again realize- "Wait a min-!" Was she WATCHING you come out of the shower!? "CHARA!!!" you scream out of embarrassment. "I'M SORRY!!" she screams back, knowing that you know about the hole. you just sigh and feel embarrassed and look around to try and find something to cover up that hole for now. But... you felt like getting revenge. you wanted her to feel the same way that you just felt. but the only way to do that is...

You look at the hole. ".... No... she was just curious... i'm not THAT curious..." you sigh and find nothing but paper, so you decided to write down 'please fix this' on the paper and stick it to the wall with tape. "Alright, after she gets out, we should probably continue our search... frisk is probably somewhere around here, we just have to keep looking..." you started feeling determined. you didn't want to give up searching for frisk. they were the only human that was ever really nice to you. the only person that ever acknowledged you without trying to beat you. they weren't just any ordinary person. they were.. no, are your best friend. and you're prepared to do whatever it takes to get them back, just as they are with you. 

a couple of minutes later, chara comes out of the shower fully dressed. "Hey!" you say, smiling. "Why are you so happy??" chara asks, looking and sounding disgusted by your current mood. "I... i just got a sudden burst..." chara looks at you in a surprised way, a blush coming across her face slightly. "E-excuse me??" she asks. "Of determination." you look at her, laughing. "Oh, ehehe... i thought..." she starts looking down. "Well- you thought wrong. anyways, we should probably go now, frisk is maybe somewhere nearby or around this place, we still have to find them." you say while finding a jacket and throwing it on for the cold. "...right." chara says, looking sad and disappointed. you give her a questioning look. you start smiling again. "Hey... we'll find them. i know we will. they couldn't have gone far. so stop looking so worried. it's not like they're dead or something." you laugh and then stop to think about it. "ehe... yeah that's probably not something to joke about... but still!! we'll find them!" 

[Chara POV] 

"It's not like they're dead or something." Y/n says, laughing afterwards. "......." i can't tell him. not yet. the time isn't right for it. i just have to continue this underground journey with him, and the only thing that he'll think about is me, and only me. frisk will be long forgotten. and i'll make sure of it. "Chara??" Y/n says, waving his hand in my face to bring me back to reality. "Huh??" i question, not really understanding what he was just saying. "You blacked out on me there for a second. i thought you were long gone." he's still smiling.. oh such a sweet and innocent smile... "Sorry, i was.. just thinking." i smile at my current thoughts. "About what?" Y/n asks. "Ugh, jeez, i can't even keep my thoughts to myself around you, huh?" I laugh, looking at his surprised face. "Ugh, whatever..." he says after calming down, "Let's just go alright? we've been here for too long already." he starts walking out and down the stairs, with me following behind him. "Thanks for the night! we really appreciate it!" Y/n says after he leaves. I need to make sure that he forgets about frisk entirely.

By whatever means necessary.