Timothy

Nothing ever really made sense till Senior year when Evan drifted into my life. It happened the way most good things do; unexpectedly and slowly. We knew each other before he graduated from Ravenswood two years prior. We worked on the school paper together, this rinky dink rag we oh so brilliantly called Ravenswood High Gazette. And we shared countless friends but in the two years that we attended the same school our paths never crossed for anything more than a business meeting of the paper or the occasional hello in the corridors. After he graduated I thought I would never see him again. Not that I minded, we never really bonded. Sure I had a crush on him but that was all from afar. I thought I had seen the last of Evan Nathan, that is until on crisp fall evening...

"Happy Birthday Kayla!" I said as I strolled up her drive watching my friends faces flicker in the fire light. "Thanks Tim! Glad you could make it. Late as always." Kayla laughed as she got up to hug me. I looked at all of our friends laughing faces in the warm glow of the fire light. Everyone was there, Liam, Jazz, Amy, and Terra, the four people closest to me. We sat around the fire laughing an joking for ages till Amy and I started to fight again.

"No you idiot Batman is clearly better than Superman!" Argued Amy. We had had this argument countless times. "Hella no! Superman is way better! He is the epitome of what a classic superhero is. Batman is just some crazy wack a do running around the city." Amy went to respond with a heated statement but sat something moving in Kayla's yard. "Hey guys what's that?" Amy asked. We all looked over and saw a cute little kitten walking through the yard. Everyone went over to play with the little guy and to see if he had tags so we could get him home. As my friends walked over to the cat my Facebook messenger went off on my cellphone. I pulled out my phone and saw a name I thought I would never see again.

Evan Nathan. The boy who in high school made my heart pound and my palms sweat. he had graduated two years ago. What would he want with a senior like me? The awkward gay guy. I didn't know what else to do so I responded to his message and thought hey what ever happens happens.

Evan: Hey didn't we go to school together?

Tim: Yea we did. But you graduated two years ahead of me.

Evan: Oh yea we were on the paper right? You wrote for the new section.

Tim: Yea I did. I still do lol.

Evan: Cool hows high school going? Is Ravenswood still as bad as I remember?

Tim: OMG it's gotten worse if that is at all possible.

Evan: Seriously? I doubt that but hey college is so much better I promise.

Tim: I hope so. I don't think I could take another year of this hell.

Evan: Trust me I know what you mean. I couldn't wait for college. It is so much easier being gay on campus then at Ravenswood.

My heart dropped. He was gay? The guy I used to crush on is actually gay? Is this for real?

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys this is my first ever story to Wattpad and my first story that I have writtien in a long time. Let me know what you think. Like Comment Vote and Subscribe.