Forever ours~ chapter 1

{Past}

A little girl was shivering as she was afraid as she sat with a teen boy in a cell. The boy hugged her to calm her down.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry its m-m-my fault we g-got caught and forced in s-s-slavery"

"It's not your fault. It's the people's fault for using you as a hostage in order to capture the two of us"

"I want to go home uncle" The little girl said as she cried in his embrace.

He tightened his grip around her. "I promise to protect you and keep you safe. That we will also meet your parents again" He said as he looked around the cell and was imaging the new life they have to face.

{Present}

On the sea was a ship heading to the Northern regions to conquer a dungeon that was rumored to have appeared there. While the crew was terrified to go, they were pushed on by two people that were sent by an unknown empire. The two of them were a man and a teenage girl that was watching the land approach them.

The girl let out a sigh as she looked at the territory, "This better not be a complete waste of time, or I'm going to be annoyed."

"It'll all work out in the end, and if we come up with a good enough plan, we get to be free from this empire and go on an adventure of our own Esme" The man responded to her.

She smiled at the idea and spoke up. "It would easier to just take this ship uncle Aurelio, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to see the challenges the dungeon has... what's it called again?"

"Valefor," He said as he could hear the crew in the background.

The crew was talking about how they shouldn't trust them and kill the slaves where they stood, but they knew they stood no chance since Aurelio was a fanalis, and Esme was half fanalis, but unlike other half-bloods, she had black hair instead of the typical red hair which is seen among full and half-bloods.

Aurelio let out a growl, which caused the crew to stop gossiping and become fearful of the outcome they could face if they continued. Esme just laughed at their reaction to stop talking about what they were talking about. After about an hour more, they made it to land. The two of them got off and started walking to the place the dungeon was said to have been spotted.

"The ship will be gone by the time we get back," Esme said, thinking about the men that left them there.

"Yes, but you have your own two djinns that can help us out a lot."

"True, and I hope they are alright with me using their power while we are in there to save our skins."

He laughed, knowing it was mostly for him due to her djinn, always reacting when she was in danger. He looked forward and saw the dungeon in front of them. Esme was looking at the ground, which showed footprints that lead to the dungeon.

"Looks like there are people already inside the place."

"Well, it doesn't matter. It's not like we need it that bad."

They looked it over then looked at one another. They both walked up and entered the dungeon, where they were met with a bright light.

When they opened their eyes again, they saw they were in an area with bright and beautiful colors.

"It's so beautiful in here with the crystals and leaves," She said, looking at the sight and taking it in.

"Yeah, it is," Her uncle said as he shifted his gaze to a bunch of dead butterflies "Looks like someone is in this dungeon with us. So we'll have to fight in order to get the djinn."