1 - 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓸

i was an average girl. nothing special ever happened to me, i was in hardly any relationships, or was i particularly liked in school. people only care for the details.

he taught me to let go of my mindset. he taught me to give trust when needed and to not hold back when i need help. he changed my life for the better, if only we could've began that way.

~

i was in senior year when it happened. i was terrified of my social and emotional life and i was terrified of what impression i left on others. i wasn't liked by the popular people, nor was i sought out as dating material. it ruined me late at night, but during the day all that mattered was school.

life had treated me alright, i had nothing to complain about except for the additional package. although i did have the basics. i was lucky to have a family who loved and supported me, a roof over my head, and food to eat.

however, stepping through the school doors is when everything changed. i was a quiet girl who focused on herself and only herself, boys found me undesirable due to my body shape and my minimal acne scarring. i wasn't skinny, but i wasn't overweight either. i found myself to be healthy, less healthy than a fit person but more healthy that someone who sits on the couch and eats fast food.

now, let me explain him. he was well-known in our school and was very popular as well. he had a group of friends and even a special someone to hold close. that special someone wasn't nice to me but i didn't really care.

he was caught dying his hair a few times to experiment with what made him comfortable and it only made him more attractive. i never sought after him like the other girls did, but i did admit that he was good looking.

i knew my place in this school. i didn't wish for more than what was given to me. although the boys that told me they loved me had issues with giving their hearts away with anyone who had shown them affection, i didn't mind but i still rejected them. i didn't want to be in a relationship with someone who apologizes over and over again.

little did i know that's what i was about to get into.