After Party

CHERYL POV:

I walk into sheriff Keller's office and sit down. "I know you're 18 now but something like this can be hard to talk about, so do you want to call your Nana or any guardian?" I shake my head. He nods. "Can you explain to me the events of last night in your own words?" He ask. "Toni and I went to the party. I went to go get something to drink and Veronica and Toni were talking for a minute, I don't really know what about. I had a few to many already by the time Toni got to me because it doesn't take that much to get me buzzed. We danced and I drank Toni stopped after a few. I couldn't tell if he was drunk or not. We went to Veronica's room. We made out for a bit, Toni asked if I wanted to have sex and I kinda dozed off. I remember him shaking me but I didn't really feel like opening my eyes. He got off me and said he was gonna get me some water and I don't remember anything after that until this morning." I explain. He nods writing down what I said. "You were intoxicated? Correct?" I nod. "Yes." I answer. "So you don't know who it was?" He ask. "Well, Toni showed me the video Veronica handed over." He nods. "Ok. I don't doubt for a second he didn't do this. Because we have the proof. I just need to ask you this stuff to clarify. Ok?" I nod. "We have a warrant out for his arrest. We'll do everything in our power to get him behind bars."

"You ok?" Toni ask quietly. "Aren't you suppose to be with your family?" I ask quietly. "I told my mom what happened and the day was mostly planned for her and Sarah so I would have called you anyways." He whispers. "I just have to be home before dinner. And my mom was wondering if you, Jason and Nana Rose would like to join." I look at him. "I'll take to Jason. I'm sorry he hit you by the way." He shrugs. "It's fine! He already apologized." He whispers. "I'm just afraid I'm gonna do the wrong thing with you." He says quietly. "You're afraid you're gonna hit me, now you're afraid to touch me?" I cup his cheeks. "You're the only person I feel safe with." I tell him. "Do you want to take things slow for a while?" He ask quietly. "That would be nice. Even though nothing actually happened. Right?" He nods. He pulls me into a kiss. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too."

Toni and I walk into his bedroom. I pull him into a kiss. "Do you want kids?" He ask quietly. I take a step back. He looks down. "Good to know." He looks away ready to punch something. I grab his arm. "You threw me off guard! I want kids! I want a future with you and I want Sarah to be the best aunt in the world along with Jason who will be questionable when it come to being an uncle." We both laugh a little. "You're so weird." He whispers. "Jason is worse. We had fucked up parents, it didn't help." He nods. "I'm sorry about your parents." My parents died in a car accident last year and it was more of a relief than anything else. Jason is still after the people who did it because in his mind our parents were perfect. "I hated them." He cups my cheeks. "You're so much more than them. You're the most perfect person I've ever met. Beside Sarah." I smile. "She could set the house on fire and I would tell her how cute she is and how much I love her." He adds making me laugh quietly. "She really can do no harm in your eyes." He nods. "I promised to myself to protect her at all cost."

TONI POV:

Sarah runs up to me and takes my hand. "Got everything?" I ask quietly. "Yeah!" I smile. She hands me her Disney princess backpack. I put it on my back along with my bag. "Bye mom! See you after school!" I yell upstairs. "See you guys later!" She comes out of her room and blows us kisses. We luckily live really close to both the high school and the elementary school so if it's not to cold and I don't have football I walk her to school and than head to school myself. "Come on." I smile. I grab my keys and walk Sarah to school. I hand Sarah her bag and kneel down to her hight. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too bro." I smile kissing the top of her head. "If anyone give you crap give it back. If anyone tries to hurt you I will kick their ass." I say to her. "Now it's picture day, mom put the money in your bag. Keep it safe and give it to your teacher the second you get into your class." I explain to her. She nods. "I love you so much." I whisper. She smiles. "You already said that." She whispers. "Well I said it again so suck it up." I kiss the top of her head. She pulls me into a hug. "Go!" I whisper. She nods running into school. She almost tripped on the rug they have in front of the school. I bite my lip trying not to laugh. "She's so cute." I whisper walking away to school. "Someone's happy!" I look back and see Veronica. "Yeah." I smile. "Why?" She ask. "I can't be happy?" I ask quietly. "Well, everything that happened with Cheryl. You seemed pretty upset about that." I nod. "Yeah! I talked to Cheryl about it and she's taking it pretty well, like she's not ripping my clothes off every time we see each other which is actually kinda nice but she's not depressed. And we talked about it and I feel a little better about it now. Not happy it had to happen but I was able to stop anything from really happening." I ramble. "Digging a whole Topaz." I nod. "Right. Anyways my sister was just being really adorable today." She nods. "How old is she?" Veronica ask quietly. "She's about to turn 8." I say quietly. "There's 11 years between you." She whispers. "Yeah. My mom got pregnant with me in high school. So after I was born they still loved each other and had all the time in the world so New Year's Eve they threw a party, I stayed with my grandma and 9 months later my sister was born and now my parents throw condoms at me every chance they get." She laughs a little. "Is that why you want to go to college so bad?" She ask quietly. "What do you mean?" I ask so V can clarify. "I know neither of your parents went to college. Is because you put a holt to everything, you want to do what they couldn't?" She ask. I shake my head. "Not really. I've never been the smartest person academically and I just want to prove to the teachers who tried to hold me back and told me I wasn't gonna get through college wrong. But the closer I get the college the further it seems." I explain. "And now I'm starting to question of college is right for me." I whisper. I never really learned how to read, I never really learned how to do math. I just barely passed so no one has questioned if something else was going on. I try to memorize plays for football. I don't know what I'm doing out on that field, somehow it got me to captain until I hurt my shoulder and Reggie took that position. Even though as we walk up to school Reggie is being thrown into a cop car so now either me or Jason are captain of the football team and we need a new player. "Great." I whisper.