Memories

I lived here before, when there was still a village here. That was long ago. I can't tell how long. But I do remember that this village turned into a dessert with the passing of time. Why this happened is a mystery to me. When I was still alive, it was a different place. We still linger here. We still somehow live on where the ruins of a village lay. I can't exactly tell you how long it has been like that. During the day we don't linger here, we sort of go to another dimension. The night brings us back to where we once lived. I don't remember what ended my life or that of the others. That happened many years ago. How many years exactly, I can't tell. The old train is my favorite playground when we enter the world of the living at night. I remember when the train used to arrive everyday with goods and passengers. We used to run to greet everyone. It was a happy village. Full of life.

Filled with child's laughter. But then... One day everything changed and this place became forgotten. We started to fade away and all that lay beyond our village forgot about us. I don't know why we still come here at night. We seem be living dead. Our bodies have long disappeared and we have become celestial beings. The night always sees the same. As we are not made of flesh and bone we neither feel the warmth or the cold. It's sometimes difficult to make out the time of the year or the season we are in, as seasons hardly ever change in the dessert. It was a dessert before as well but our village was an oasis. The train although it's falling apart is still a sensation after so many years...
The night is day for us. Some of us remember more than others. But with time our memories begin to fade as well... After our memories fade, we also start to vanish. Some say that's because we are bound to be reborn again and live a new life somewhere else and become someone else. Some say that when this happens we can finally truly rest and become angels. We watch the falling stars and make wishes. We wander here and there and life seems to never have stopped. But it did. This is ghost village. But fear not if you are a passersby here...